flying to florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ojammer66:
flying to floridaundefined :11: :11:
flying to florida from rhode island are we still allowed to carry dive equipment.
WELCOME to ScubaBoard!!!
Your question was unceremoniously moved to a better site to get your question answered (though maybe not the best site for the general question of whether you can still carry dive equipment).
The answers (there are more than one) are carried in a few threads.
Basically the answer is yes. The threads that discuss airline theives and airport security have discussed the question quite a bit.
Post a hello in the previous forum, "Introduction and Greets", with a "hello" or something in the title so you can be properly welcomed by the crew.

Tom

ojammer66:
flying to floridaundefined :11: :11:
flying to florida from rhode island are we still allowed to carry dive equipment.
Yes you can,But things like dive knives cant be in a carry on,and well pony bottles must have valve off,I still take my computer & Reg set with my carry on,not going to have that lost or given the caribean toss!

If you know where you're diving in Florida, you can UPS or Fedex your gear down separately. Guys diving with rebreathers can have some serious problems getting even getting those in checked luggage, so it's easier to just mail the stuff down.
Plus when you have an unlocked bag chock full of diving goodies, just how much do you want to trust anyone else with your gear?

In the last two years I have travelled about a dozen times with my dive gear. Obviously Knives must go in checked luggage. I carryon my camera gear, regs & computer. The TSA inspectors usually recognize the reg but they may ask you about it. When I have travelled with my pony bottle I have removed the valve as is mentioned above. Be aware that some airlines have begun to charge forbags in excess of $50 pounds, so you may want to split some of the gear to avoid paying these fees. Enjoy the diving in FLA, I've made two dive trips to the Upper Keys Dive Center this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom