Flights Only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anybody ever booked just the R/T flights to an location in the caribbean.
Then shopped around for some local deals. it seems to me that all the hotels
connected to the Internet are at the maxium price. and the little Mom and Pop
place's arnt listed. I have been online all day with the BIG 5 travel web sites and
have yet to find any truely good deals on hotels. Flights YES Hotels NO!
I know you have to put down someplace on the customs form where your staying but do they really check.

Pro's, Con's, Advise, Warnings, are all welcome here!

GotAir
and
GotCash but would like to keep some of it in my pocket :eyebrow:

GotAir:
Has anybody ever booked just the R/T flights to an location in the caribbean.
Then shopped around for some local deals. it seems to me that all the hotels
connected to the Internet are at the maxium price. and the little Mom and Pop
place's arnt listed. I have been online all day with the BIG 5 travel web sites and
have yet to find any truely good deals on hotels. Flights YES Hotels NO!
I know you have to put down someplace on the customs form where your staying but do they really check.

Pro's, Con's, Advise, Warnings, are all welcome here!

GotAir
and
GotCash but would like to keep some of it in my pocket :eyebrow:

I've booked my own travel for years - almost always air and hotel with diving separately, but I've never gone without everything reserved. However, I do tend to go to remote places with only few options for accomodations and diving. If you're brave enough to travel to a dive location and wing it once there, that's fine. It'd probably work nicely someplace like Cozumel, but you might well find yourself sleeping on the beach in Little Cayman.

I'm not sure where you are trying to get to, but there are a number of mom and pops for various destinations which you can still book online- they aren't back packer cheap, but they are considerably less than expedia etc. Depends where you want to go- I have had success doing this with smaller operators on Bonaire, grand cayman, Big island and Tahiti, and have some ready for a few other destinations. With my non-dive travel I usually turn up and shop around- but it's easier doing this with a backpack compared to when I am hauling my entire dive kit. That moght not be so much fun.

hey gotair...
I have to agree with munk...it depends on where oyu are not only trying to go...but what you expect when you get there. So many want something cheap...but expect the bells and whistles of a resort...aint gonna happen.

I just spent a great week in Bonaire...at a NON resort place...and the deal was fantastic in my book. If you want details...pm me...

but the point is....yes....I have just about always booked flights sep from rooms...from dive package. It all depends.
rich

Definitely consider the small mom/pop operators when you travel to the caribbean. Also ask what kind of deal they can give. If they are not full, etc, they may be able to give a break. Also, for last minute deals or not try priceline.com for your airfare. I found that I could book a ticket $100.00 cheaper through priceline then directly through the carrier, even a month ahead! Best of luck!

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom