Delta cuts U.S. air fares up to 50%

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

learned that lesson over the holidays......thank god all my gear showed back up..

DMP:
learned that lesson over the holidays......thank god all my gear showed back up..

This brings up a good question. My gal & I are going on our first diving trip. I am worried about all our gear and especially about our diving knives & computer. What do you suggest? Thanks all. :crossbone

carry the computer as carry on, and your regs if you can, everything else i put in checked luggage

obviously knives will have to go in checked luggage.

I would also take your mask in carry on- that way when your bag gets lost, at least you can still dive without leaks (assuming your mask doesn't leak anyway) with the lines at security being crazy at most airports anyway, you might as well take your full carry on allowance anyway.
BTW, they will probably search your carry on with regs in it, so plan the bag for this and be prepared. I usually get to have a nice chat about diving whilst they check that it's all legit.

enjoy!!!

It's no problem to cut fairs by 50% now that they've cut everyones pay by 10%, cut benefits while increased the cost of those benefits to the employees and are laying off nearly 1000 people by February 1st. And expect deeper discounts in the coming year as they layoff another 1800 to 2000 more employees. While you're enjoying your $500 round trip to Aruba I'm going to be in the unemployment line.

Happy New Year.

The Delta fare cut only applies to its most expensive fares, not the ones most of us end up buying. And it looks like the other airlines are already ignoring this move. Probably won't do much for them other than put them into more financial hurt.

Padipro:
It's no problem to cut fairs by 50% now that they've cut everyones pay by 10%, cut benefits while increased the cost of those benefits to the employees and are laying off nearly 1000 people by February 1st. And expect deeper discounts in the coming year as they layoff another 1800 to 2000 more employees. While you're enjoying your $500 round trip to Aruba I'm going to be in the unemployment line.

Happy New Year.
That's pretty sucky!!!!

You might have some free time for diving soon? :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom