Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DAVE670

Registered
Reaction score
I have a great opportunity to travel to the Galapagos islands, my sister in law is going to work on the island with the Darwin foundation and can put me up for free.

I've read about Wolf & Darwin islands and can't see traveling all that way without diving there.

Does anyone know if there are land based operators that travel there or is an all or nothing proposition with the live aboards?

If latter is the case which ones are worth looking in to and how far in advance should I start planning?

Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.

DAVE670:
I have a great opportunity to travel to the Galapagos islands, my sister in law is going to work on the island with the Darwin foundation and can put me up for free.

I've read about Wolf & Darwin islands and can't see traveling all that way without diving there.

Does anyone know if there are land based operators that travel there or is an all or nothing proposition with the live aboards?

If latter is the case which ones are worth looking in to and how far in advance should I start planning?

Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.

My shop owner took a familiarization trip on the "Deep Blue" last July and booked it for this coming September, and I've paid my deposit. Eric Cheng has taken some fabulous shark photos. From what I understand, the boat operators stay in radio contact so that all the guests can migrate to where the desired critters are; more flexibility than what the land operators can offer. Also, limits diver impact on environment with limited boats in protected areas. Start calling now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom