Making Ends Meet Out Of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbs95dc

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how difficult and competitive it
is to set up your own diving business in Australia and
other countries. I assume it depends upon the local economy and the people with diving skills in the locality.

Hello,

First I would have to ask what you mean by SCUBA BUSINESS.
Are you meaning something like a Dive Shop to sell scuba equipment or an independent Instructor to teach SCUBA?

The difference between the two can be great. You nailed it right on the head as to why, such as the local economy or accessibility to diving in your region, etc.

Having said that, let me add that I am extrememly jealous of you, your country is beautiful and the diving there is legendary, what parts are you from?

KN

Well I was considering a diving school, and not a dive shop or maybe both. I suppose it is prudent to start out small as an independent to actually decide how strong the demand is and then expand.

Unfortunately I am not a resident of Australia but my parents are considering moving over there. I live in the wonderfull U.K where diving conditions are, shall we say not aas good as Aussie Land

Daz

I have only been pleasure diving before so i am not certified but I am thinking about it

Originally posted by bbs95dc
I have only been pleasure diving before so i am not certified but I am thinking about it
bbs95dc, I'm an Aussie diver who is currently in the lovely U.K. About your Q's on Oz, there are absolutly loads of indervidual regions to dive in Oz with everything from cold soft coral to well, the reef. The main problem would be getting people to "YOUR" dive site, as it is so bloody big!!
I too am tinking of the same idea, hence I can shed a little light. But first I must finish a Divemaster and Instructors ticket!!!
take it easy.
chris

bbs95bc,

There are many dive shops and training facilities. You may also wish to check out the huge scuba directory. There is over 600 shops and facilities there. Obviously many of these are not just schools and many may not be in your area but you might be surprised just what you can find near your house.

=-)

Chris,

Do you by chance have any photos of your diving Down under?
If you do and you wouldn't mind sharing them with everyone online I would love to talk to you about setting up a gallery for them.
I've been looking for someone that has some really nice diving photos from Down Under. It's such a very beautiful place!

=-)

No one replies in over 7 years? How rude!

great_barrier200.jpg

Silvertip%20Shark,%20Great%20Barrier%20Reef,%20Australia.jpg

Z...

Back
Top Bottom