Cathay Pacific Carry-On Baggage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis

Contributor
Reaction score
A number of SB divers including myself are headed for the Philippines, starting Saturday. The Cathay website has a carry-on limit of one bag, maximum 15 lbs. I understand you can have a small camera or laptop case as well but how strict are they regarding the weight restriction for your main bag? For checked baggage, is there any extra allowance, beyond the 70 lbs. per bag for 2 bags, for scuba equipment? We are going Coach.

Thanks, Dennis.

I fly Quantas a lot. They are VERY strict, but...... Sometimes I get my camera bag past them and sometimes I don't. The worst they have done is demand that I gate check the bag. This does not worry me too much because you are right there at the gate and the chance of someone going through my bag is slim. Sometimes they simply have me shuffle a strobe out of my camera bag into my handbag. The second their backs are turned, everything goes back the way it should.

Just my experiences.....

Back
Top Bottom