Traveling to AKR in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Danf

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be traveling to Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan next week and was wonderring if anyone has any tips or reccomondations?

Ohhhhh

We just got back from Roatan, stayed at Las ROcas but did the AKR Dolphin thing. I have pictures http://roatandiving.shutterfly.com/action there are a few albums of pics in there. Tips are: WEAR DEET ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT!! Sand flie bites dont bother you until you get home! Do take the time to go into the West End and eat at the Lighthouse. Drink many a Port Royal for me... DEFINATELY dive the West Bay Wall and Half Moon Wall... they were absolutely BEAUTIFUL to me...

Ditto on the Deet also start taking a vitamin b complex right now. The flee does not like the taste of your skin with lots of B in it.
The resort is rustic, unless you upgrade to an AC cabin all you get are screens and shutters, rough sawn floors with small throw rug. Only tv is at the bar so bring lots of books. They have a book exchange shelf. Food was excellent but is not buffet style. You can order seconds. Not like most AI resorts, Food and beverage only at meal times. Buy snacks and beverage at snack shop on the pier. Many steps up to get to main house for meals, not good for someone with a difficulty with stairs. Listen to briefing at check in lots of info. The dive briefing on the first day important as you are assigned a boat, shown the dive board and dive gear room. Non diver gets a free Dolphin thing. You can go and watch the Dolphins and walk the enclosure. I had some come up and wave, made a good picture.
Most dive sites 2-3 min outside the reef so surface interval back on pier. 3 dives a day and night dives 2-3 a week.
They also have a snorkel boat that goes out 2 a day. Horse back riding included.
Lots of peace and quiet and fun but definitely not fancy.

Back
Top Bottom