Honeymoon SCUBA trip location advise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desert Pig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If money where no object, well OK about $2K each for flight $6K for week stay... Where would you go? Seychelles? Palau? Live Aboard? Where? Or is just going to the Florida Keys, Cozumel, etc. just as good? Time of year will be November or April - I new you would ask!

Assuming that you both are dive mad.
Maldives, Borneo, Malaysia, Zanzibar in no particular order

Oops did not see the 1 week, take 2 weeks go to Malaysia, have some change.

What's important to you? Just diving, diving, diving? Or do you want other activities as well? Do you care if it's a "pretty" place? And what about "romantic" honeymoon accommodations -- are you seeking a fairly plush resort?

Personally, if I'm flying more than 12 hours to get there, I'm staying at least 2 weeks. So if you only have a week, I'd say stick to the Caribbean or Hawaii.

Fo our honeymoon we did 2 weeks in Indonesia (Bali and Komodo) and absolutely loved it! But Micronesia and the Seychelles are also on our list, as well as the places mentioned by Victor. So many great destinations, so few vacation days...

If you want a combination of a romantic resort, a beautiful landscape, and some pretty good diving, go to Anse Chastenet on St. Lucia. The best diving on the island is all within a few minutes of the resort and the shore diving is great there. The diving is not up to Cayman or Cozumel standards, but it is worthwhile. The resort is very nice. If you are prepared to spend some buckage (which it appears you are), pop for one of the upgraded rooms. Each of them is unique and they have great views. The food is very good and the service throughout the resort is excellent, as long as you remember that you are on island time. Try to dive with Victor, he has been there for years and is an outstanding divemaster. If you want to emphasize the diving side, go to Little Cayman. The diving is spectacular and the island is practically deserted. There really is nothing to do but dive. Another cool option (I haven't tried this yet, but would love to) would be to charter a sailboat and cruise through the British Virgin Islands or the Grenadines. Some crewed charters offer diving and you always have the option to meet up with a local dive op. I think you could pull it off for the budget you mentioned. There could be lots of other options, depending on what you are looking for, but those three cover three very different ways to do a memorable trip.

If you are willing to spend $10K+ for 1 week, I think you are crazy to stay in the Caribbean.

I would go land based to Fiji, Palau, or Hawaii. Liveaboard is great for diving, but not exactly romantic for a honeymoon.

Thank you all very much. Dive yes! Romance maybe. Everyday with her is romance... Just in case she reads this.

My vote would be for Maui. Great diving and plenty of other stuff to keep busy. Lots of great resorts and not that far from Arizona. Went there for my 10th anniversary and wondered why we had not gone sooner.

We went to Jamaica. Not that great for diving. We wanted to go to Fiji but couldn't afford the trip to the other side of the planet. If I had the chance to do it all over, FIJI.

By the way, I have come to the realization that Earth is a big place when it comes to airline ticket costs, but somehow Disney got it right that "It's a small world after all." How can that be? Oxymoron...

For anyone following this saga - We are going to Tahiti for 5 days and Morea for 5 days... Shark capital of the world! Any other advice (other than take A LOT of money!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom