Dive Travel Agent Recommendation Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tangfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've always been a big fan of making things up as I go and traveling on a shoestring. But now that I am subject to the corporate lifestyle I find myself wanting to find someone else to handle all the planning and details.

Can anyone here recommend a great dive travel agent to use? I'm know it's a long shot and that good travel agents in general are hard to come by. But, I've heard the odd report of a spectacular agent who was able to put together unbelievably well planned dive trips for a reasonable fee.

I'm trying to get away in the next few weeks for an impromptu dive trip and I'll appreciate any help :sappy:

funkyspelunker:
I've always been a big fan of making things up as I go and traveling on a shoestring. But now that I am subject to the corporate lifestyle I find myself wanting to find someone else to handle all the planning and details.

Can anyone here recommend a great dive travel agent to use? I'm know it's a long shot and that good travel agents in general are hard to come by. But, I've heard the odd report of a spectacular agent who was able to put together unbelievably well planned dive trips for a reasonable fee.

I'm trying to get away in the next few weeks for an impromptu dive trip and I'll appreciate any help :sappy:

If I go to the Caribbean, I plan it myself. If I were going to go to the Pacific, Indian Ocean or Red Sea I would pick a travel agent or an area dive club to travel with. For the last 2 Pacific trips we've made I've used "Trip-n-tour" www.trip-n-tour.com/
They have done a very good job for us, I would use them again.

I fixed the website error-Ber Rabbit

caymaniac:
If I go to the Caribbean, I plan it myself. If I were going to go to the Pacific, Indian Ocean or Red Sea I would pick a travel agent or an area dive club to travel with. For the last 2 Pacific trips we've made I've used "Trip-n-tour" www.tripntour.com/
They have done a very good job for us, I would use them again.

I have the wrong web site, it's www.trip-n-tour.com/
You might know, now there's a copy-cat.

I believe that Natasha here on the board is a travel agent, you might want to send her a PM.
Ber :lilbunny:

Pick the destination. If there is an AI that suits your fancy, contact their stateside office and give them your Visa Card Number.

Pack.

Were you looking for a retailer's recommendation? There are precious few Travel Agents out there who have a slightest clue about diving. Tour Operators are in the business of "selling what's in the wagon".

Depends on what you want. The simple answer to your question? Sure, call Apple Vacations.

The complex answer? Find what you want, then have them do all the work.

For all but the most obscure destinations, this will work fine.

Dear Scuba hippo,

I'm an organizer from Singapore. I Have been in the dive industry for over 20 years. I just started my own dive travel biz. Would you be keen to dive in Asia? I can do individual and groups. If you keen on diving in asia drop me a mail. Thanx

Reg

Back
Top Bottom