Where to in September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nardulli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Three of us from Perryville, MO want to make a tradition out of a September dive trip. (We went to Bonaire last Sep. and loved it) Any of you out there care to suggest destinations for September - the hurricane season seems to be complicating this idea a bit... Many thanks.

hey jim....we are going to barbados in sept....it is out of the hurricane belt and the diving isnt as good as bonaire...but not bad....and there is a lot to do above water...

our dates are 13 sept 23 sept

Assuming you don't want to go over to Southeast Asia or the South Pacific, have you thought about Hawaii (specifically the Big Island or Maui)? A bit harder to get to for you, but no hurricane issues in September. Also, the diving is very different from the Caribbean - no soft coral, so not quite as colorful, but you get lava tubes and caves, Manta Rays, lots of turtles, and Pacific Ocean rather than Atlantic Ocean tropical fish.

Looking for a spot to go to in Sept. myself. But I just got my OW cert last weekend so I would be a newbie...:). Doing it in Sept as I'm doing my AOW and Nitrox specialty before I go. If interested in a tag along let me know when and where...:) Very flexible in dates when I can go...actually anytime =)

It looks like Barbados, at the beginning of October. We did think of Hawaii, but will save that one for a trip when we take the spouses. I really don't think I would survive a conversation that begins.."The guys are going to Hawaii...". I have Diving to thank for this annual trip with 'the guys'. We're all over 40, and it's very cool to spend a week just diving, eating well, and in general harking back to University days. Diving is a fantastic recreational activity...

You will love Barbados. Yell if you have any questions....this will be my third trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom