New TSA Regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaCatgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was just curious as to how the new TSA regulations are going to affect all of you? How your going to handle it? Will it affect your travel plans & if any of you have any brilliant ideas on how to keep those toiletries from imploding on all your stuff?

I for one thought about packing those items in plastic bags & praying :lol:

With the terror alert elevated to RED, some questions have come up about what you can and can not carry on in your cabin hand baggage...

Question: If I pack my Sea Drops GOLD anti-fog gel in my 9x12x24" Pelican Case, will I be stoped by TSA and strip searched and probed?

Gawd, I hope so. (Will there be any cuddling, afterwards?)

Just wondering.

Oh, and can I put a dive knife in checked bags?

ScubaCatgirl:

That works, you can also pack stuff in different bags.....

ScubaCatgirl:
I was just curious as to how the new TSA regulations are going to affect all of you? How your going to handle it? Will it affect your travel plans & if any of you have any brilliant ideas on how to keep those toiletries from imploding on all your stuff?

New regulations? :confused:

I put mine in a zip-lock, then zipper them into the built-in plastic zipper pouch inside the lid of my suitcase. Also make sure to squeeze as much air as you can out of the bottles before capping them (air expands at altitude which is usually what causes leaks).

What really ticks me off about this, though, is that I will no longer be able to just take a carry-on bag for my 2 day business trips since I wear contacts. I will really miss that gate check only method of travel.

Also will really put a damper on trying to keep well hydrated when flying out on a dive trip since you can't take any beverages (I assume that also means bottled water) now too.

Don't quote me on this but based upon my experience with the TSA is that NO you will not be allowed to take Sea Drops. I would suggest that you not take the knife either. The TSA will over react at first. Just plan on having dirty teeth, dirty hair and a foggy mask for a while. Leave for you flight VERY early. I will be going to Cozumel on Saturday and plan on being at the airport with all my credentials at least a couple of hours early. I am carrying on my camera, housing, regulator etc. The TSA people will be over reacting to everything now...err on the side of caution and you will be fine.

RoatanMan:
With the terror alert elevated to RED, some questions have come up about what you can and can not carry on in your cabin hand baggage...

Question: If I pack my Sea Drops GOLD anti-fog gel in my 9x12x24" Pelican Case, will I be stoped by TSA and strip searched and probed?

Gawd, I hope so. (Will there be any cuddling, afterwards?)

Just wondering.

Oh, and can I put a dive knife in checked bags?
Lets quantify:

RED is at this moment only for flights arriving from the UK...... The rest is orange.
There was a major lock down at LHR based on a severe threat. All other flights from Europe are still flying into the US.

howarde:
New regulations? :confused:
no liquids allowed past security

(drinks, sunscreen, shampoo, hair gel etc. etc.)...people with babies seem to be aloowed to take milk if the parent tastes it...

...could be worse..in the UK at tthe moment they are no longer allowed carry on luggage (just a clear plastic bag)...lets hope the US don't follow suit in that regard - I don't want to check in my regs/camera/computers etc.

stu_in_fl:
no liquids allowed past security

(drinks, sunscreen, shampoo, hair gel etc. etc.)...people with babies seem to be aloowed to take milk if the parent tastes it...

...could be worse..in the UK at tthe moment they are no longer allowed carry on luggage (just a clear plastic bag)...lets hope the US don't follow suit in that regard - I don't want to check in my regs/camera/computers etc.
Link? I just looked at TSA website, and see nothing. When is this idiotic rule going into effect?

This was posted on Boortz's site today:

DON'T FLY COMMERCIAL TODAY UNLESS YOU HAVE TO

Overreaction?

Possibly ... but today will be a miserable day to fly commercial in the United States. You cannot take any liquids, gels or lotions onto airplanes in your pockets or your carryon luggage. You also can't take any remote controls.

Remote controls? You're probably thinking "who carries a remote control with them when they fly?" Look at your car keys. See that little goody that opens your car doors at the push of a button? That's a remote control. If it isn't in your checked luggage, it's not going with you.

Have a nice trip!

He referenced this link as a source:

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/press_release/press_release_0974.xml

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom