Trip insurance????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LI Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok guy's.... We have the Dan preferred accident plan and was wondering if there is anything better available? Like something with a cancelation coverage, I think expedia offered something where you were refunded most of your money if you had to cancel for any reason.Any info would be greatly appreciated!:D

We like Travelex. It provides us with the kind of insurance we are looking for for the kind of travel we do. Compare the plans.

Also when you carry electronic items, they are not carried under regular lost baggage insurance plans. We went on a trip last December and I realized while packing that we were carrying in excess of $12,000 in electronics! I called my homeowner's policy holder and they had me take pictures of everything and drop off all the warranty manuals by their offices for the duration of my trip. I had $25,000 in coverage for my items. No cost to me since I already had a homeowner's plan.

The "Big Three" are TravelGuard, Access America and CSA. I sell both TravelGuard and CSA and have used all three. Right now for divers, especially if you have DAN insurance, my current favorite is CSA Comfort policy. Covers pre-existing conditions as long as it is purchased prior to final payment for your trip. Good coverage for most issues.

If you want extremely comprehensive coverage, TravelGuard Cruise, Tour and Travel is primary and extensive. But more than 99% of people need. I tend to view it as overkill.

Be careful of using homeowner's insurance to cover items. Many areas of the country if you have 2 claims in 3 years (even if neither of them are loss issues with your house, or are very minor), you are put into a high risk pool and are almost uninsurable. I'm unwilling to risk the coverage of my house for that. DEPP covers my electronics.

Let me know if you have other questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom