Continental catering to scuba divers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronrosa

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey it looks like Continental is targeting scuba divers.

They will be offering regularly scheduled direct flights to Bonaire an Roatan from Newark and Houston.

Wahoo :D

Continental was the best deal for us too. Denver -> Houston -> Caymans

Not sure if it is catering to divers or coincidence though ...

'Slogger

Continental has been flying to Roatan from Houston for awhile now. The announcement I posted elsewhere which I think you're referring to was about the new service starting in December from Newark.

In addition, they're going to be starting non-stop service to Bonaire from Newark as well, also in December. That announcement came out a couple weeks ago.

It is nice to see that they're acknowledging the demand and looking toward new markets for non-stops.

Yeah, aren't they the ONLY way to get from anywhere in the US to Palau? When they finally make it a nonstop flight from the West Coast I'll be happy.

Mantasscareme:
Yeah, aren't they the ONLY way to get from anywhere in the US to Palau? When they finally make it a nonstop flight from the West Coast I'll be happy.

I doubt that will ever happen. They use 767's from LA to HNL and HNL to Guam. Guam serves as Continental's hub in the Western Pacific, going to Chuuk (Truk), Palau, Yap & Bali among other destinations. If you want something different stay in Guam a few days and dive the double Wreck (Cormoran from WW I & the Tokai Maru in WW II).

Any idea on what time the flights will go to Bonaire? Right now the only one out of Newark is an overnight, arriving at 5:30 am...which in MHO sucks.

I think Dvrliz1 said on the 16th of Dec, but not 100% sure. PM her as she knows them very well having a resort on Bonaire.

DiveDad:
Any idea on what time the flights will go to Bonaire? Right now the only one out of Newark is an overnight, arriving at 5:30 am...which in MHO sucks.

It's going to be an overnight like the Houston flight.
Before judging it, try it. We did the Houston flight in July and I really like it. Fly while sleeping, eat a good breakfast on Bonaire (not a bad way to start a vacation) and diving by 10 the same day. We got in an extra day of diving. On time, good planes and extra day of diving, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom