More than one wetsuit on a trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How many of you bring more than one wetsuit on a dive trip? I'm going to La Paz next week and have a 3mm I'm going to bring. The 7mm I use locally can stay at home. With two or three dives a day for 5 days, I'm pretty sure the one suit isn't ever going to dry. Whay do you guys do, just deal with it or bring more than one suit?

Mike

When I go to Maui I take the following:

3 mill full: For the deeper boat dives (Molokini). Not because that it is so cold, but because I am down a long time and no shore to warm up on...the boat is moving to the next dive site after the first and there is little time to warm up that way.

3/5 shorty: For the shore dives. If I happen to get a little cool, I get out, warm up, go back in.

Bathing suit and lycra top: In case the others are wet...not that it matters that much. The bathing suit has pockets and serves as my other pair of shorts.

Jon

I don't usually take more than one wetsuit, but I do often take two pair of BOOTS, particularly when going to a humid place like Florida.

I've never had a problem with wetsuits, but my boots can get pretty funky after a few days.

Charlie99:
I don't usually take more than one wetsuit, but I do often take two pair of BOOTS, particularly when going to a humid place like Florida.

I've never had a problem with wetsuits, but my boots can get pretty funky after a few days.

Common thing, I think... they're the last to dry...

I know they're pricey, but the Henderson InstaDry boots fixed this for me...

I usually take a 2/3mm full body and 3mm hooded vest for tropics. For me that will cover a wide range of temps just in case I hit some thermoclines in the low 20's celsius or start feeling cold on the night dives. And if I really know the waters are gonna be steamy, then just a 2mm shorty.

I'm taking my 3 mil full and my 3 mil shorty to Oahu with me. I rented a 3 mil full in Cozumel and it was always a little funky in the morning (it wasn't mine to take back to the hotel and hang to dry...). I'm not planning to wear the shorty except possibly if I go snorkeling. But I may consider wearing the shorty over the full- I tend to get chilled easily.

Just think, though, even if your gear is all funky and gross- it's worth it, right?

Good suggestion on the boots, I hadn't thought of that. I find my gloves never seem to dry either, but I probably won't be using those in LaPaz like I do in Laguna Beach. Thanks.

I took a 3mm full and a 3mm shortie when I went to La Paz so I could layer as needed. Make sure you hang your wetsuit inside out so the side that does dry will be the side that's against your skin. I like to try to hang my suit outside in a breeze to speed drying, I bring it in before dark just in case there is dew in the forecast
Ber :lilbunny:

Wetsuits have too much in common with clothes for me to bring only one. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom