Exotic Places to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BCDgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I want to know all i can about scuba and what it has to offer, i would love to hear about some of the most exotic places people have dove and the crazy things they saw there.

just keep swimming
-erica

wow You are all over the board LOL. Well I Found a clear Area in the back of a dirty swampy Lake Here in Shreveport. I dove found an old boat and an alligator sticking out the top. Made me breath a little Heavy. Wouldnt be exotic except I got about 30 foot visbility and got to see stuff that around here you dont see. Our Adv. vis is about 8 inches

Welcome to diving!

That is a very hard question to answer because almost any answer will do. You might not get many responses for that reason.

Diving experiences vary tremendously from one locale to another, and each has its charms. Heck, while I was working to set up an instructional dive two weeks ago in cold, murky water that would almost certainly not fit into your ideal of "exotic," I was thinking, "You know, as weird as this would seem to someone else, I am really enjoying myself."

Why not talk a little about yourself and what you are looking for as you set out on your diving experiences? What have you heard? What kinds of things are you hoping to see? Can we answer some questions about things you are unsure of?

CrawfishDiver:
wow You are all over the board LOL. Well I Found a clear Area in the back of a dirty swampy Lake Here in Shreveport. I dove found an old boat and an alligator sticking out the top. Made me breath a little Heavy. Wouldnt be exotic except I got about 30 foot visbility and got to see stuff that around here you dont see. Our Adv. vis is about 8 inches

haha what can i say ive caught the scubaboard bug. and i love how nice everyone is. but of course ive just found something else to distract me from my homework. lol oh well

-erica

Maldives and the Red Sea are my favourite we have seen whale sharks in both places, but I just love to dive and here in Spain I have loads of places to go in from off the beach.

pwwm

BCDgirl:
haha what can i say ive caught the scubaboard bug. and i love how nice everyone is. but of course ive just found something else to distract me from my homework. lol oh well

-erica
Bwahahaha. same here. I have to submit my dissertation next week and all I'm doing is browsing the web & checking SB.

I'm looking forward to ice diving. Wintertime open water diving where your gear sheets over with ice upon exit is also an experience.

Pete

Dictionary.net defines exotic as, "Anything of foreign origin". So diving anywhere that isn't in your backyard can be exotic. I enjoy Monterey CA as an exotic destination, due to the great kelp diving and the unusual native locals. :D

Now, go do your homework!

:wink:

BCDgirl:
I want to know all i can about scuba and what it has to offer, i would love to hear about some of the most exotic places people have dove and the crazy things they saw there.

just keep swimming
-erica
What's more exotic than doing a camel dive safari?!!!
There're some places in the Red Sea where the mountains are so close to the sea. No way to reach these sites except by camels.

randini:
Bwahahaha. same here. I have to submit my dissertation next week and all I'm doing is browsing the web & checking SB.
haha i know how that goes, i have big test next week and suprisingly im much more interrested in BCD's than Phospholipids.... lol go figure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom