I don't usually post airfares ..but ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This is the lowest I've seen air in a long time.
And that's all we've been doing this week .. is people's airline tickets!
So here ya go..
If you're looking to go to Grand Cayman this is some low stuff for Spring 03.

From Chicago on ATA round trip Non stop _ 451.00
From EWR on Continental non stop RT_ 650.00
From Houston on Cayman Air RT Non stop _ 575.00
From Philly on US Air Non Stop _635.00
West Coast is still high 800.00

I wish more Chicago people would take advantage of this low air. Or if anyone has mile awards that would get them to one of these cities it could really be worth it to Dive Cayman.

I paid about $800.00 last year, your price sounds good. But, alas this year we wont be going to Cayman because instead we are going to Australia and Hawaii....... so hopefully next year it'll still be that low.

Caymaniac**********:smilie(':saver:')
Lifesaver

I Know it's LOW! Thanks for verifying that it's almost half price.
I already ran 5 tickets from Chicago to Cayman yesterday.
There is still tons of inventory left.
I hope more people jump on it.
It's almost like a buy one get one free fare.
Wish you could join us!

Natasha,

I bought a Northwest Airlines ticket from LGA to GCM today for $566! I couldn't believe it when I saw the price. Orbitz was quoting $800 for the same flights but I paid hundreds less by going to Travelocity. It pays to shop around.

I'm going an a trip with my LDS. If I'm lucky and there are open water students, I might be able to fulfil some of the requirements for my divemaster internship. I can't wait to get to Grand Cayman!:eek:ut:

(but it would almost certainly come with a frown), I'd love to do a long weekend... 4 or 5 days... weekend after the superbowl. What is the chance of putting together a little group out of EWR? I don't know what kind of luck you've had with that type of thing in the past... Again, if spousal approval comes with a frown I may opt out altogether.

EWR->Cayman on Continental is a direct, yeah?

from London to Grand Caymand for the equivelant of about US $700 at the moment! Come and have a holiday in England and then fly to the Caymans! :wink: It's sub tropical here at present. No, sorry, I mean sub zero! Brrrrrrr!

Natasha- What's going on with Florida? For the last 5 years or so I could find Detroit to FLA (Orlando, Tampa, Miami, West Palm, etc.) for less than $150 RT. Of course these were charters. This year absolutly none of the normal players are even offering flights to Florida from Detroit (ATA, Champion, Sun Country, etc.) but I am seeing Cancun for $179 RT. Only major airlines like Northwest avail to FLA at $250-300 RT. Great if you want Mexico but bad for domestic travel.

Raviepoo: When are you going?

Matt:
Yep. Nice huh?
Not sure about a weekend this month. It won't work for me. But it is a thought for another time. Will she let you go with us to Cayman? Is she PG now? I have another man going from EWR.

As for Florida ..try Fort Lauderdale. Sometimes that comes up the cheapest and it's a short ride down to the Keys or Miami ..well kinda short ..shorter then from Chicago. :)

Natasha once bubbled...

As for Florida ..try Fort Lauderdale. Sometimes that comes up the cheapest and it's a short ride down to the Keys or Miami ..well kinda short ..shorter then from Chicago. :)

The mystery for me is why the regular players have abandoned this market entirely. It isn't just Orlando they left- its the entire state of Florida. Look at Champion Air. You won't find a single flight from Dtroit to the state of Florida right now. Last year at this time they flew to probably 8 cities daily from Detroit. It's not just Champion, its all of the charter companies. I just wondered if someone connected in the travel industry knew why.

I asked around, and I don't really Detriot is a target or anything.
The sad truth is there are now 4000 planes grounded in the desert. It's just not the same as it was before 911.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom