Grand Cayman Water temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LI Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody know what kind of water temps I will find in the first week of April in Grand Cayman??? Surface and depth down to about 100'????

Super toasty warm...but I'm from California. I seem to remember mid to high 70's

btw, you suck, my vacation dollars have been sucked dry, by a kid in college :(

Mine are starting next year and 2011 I think they better start looking into school loans!

My last kids college payment ($36K+ /yr) is this month :D
Going to Grand Cayman 2nd week of April to celebrate!
"Grand Cayman Water Temperature: About 80-82
Water temperatures in Grand Cayman range between the high 70´s Fahrenheit in winter to the mid to high 80´s Fahrenheit in the summer and fall months."

My last kids college payment ($36K+ /yr) is this month :D
Going to Grand Cayman 2nd week of April to celebrate!
"Grand Cayman Water Temperature: About 80-82
Water temperatures in Grand Cayman range between the high 70´s Fahrenheit in winter to the mid to high 80´s Fahrenheit in the summer and fall months."

Cool and congratulations! Maybe I'll see you there, I'll be at Sunset house,you?

I use to live in Cayman so here are some temps for you;

01 April: Air=95 // water=77
08 April: Air=87 // Water=78
15 April: Air=79 // Water=79
22 April: Air=84 // Water=80
29 April: Air=88 // Water=79

Highest air temp in April was 95, water temp was 81 (shallow dive inside the barrier reef)
Lowest air temp in April was 76, water temp was 76 (55' dive)

All the temps are between the hours of 08:00 and 16:00.

Cheers

Chris

Just got back from Grand Cayman (this past weekend) ... water temp ranged from 79 to 82. I'd imagine them to be a bit warmer in April. Enjoy!

Frank, tell me about the 72 cf tanks. Are you saying that is what they use at the Sunset House? We thinking about a Caymans trip in May

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom