Passport - Wow that was fast!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xiSkiGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Aware of all the delays my friends encountered in getting passport renewals this time last year, I mailed my passport off for renewal on the afternoon of February 19th. I chose not to mark it "expedited" (and thus saved paying an extra $60 plus shipping). I expected to see it back on the later end of the 4 to 6 weeks the State Department is listing as the current processing time. I was shocked when my new passport arrived at my door on February 29th! :11: It took just 10 days including shipping. The government never does anything that fast. . . . :wink:

I just sent one in for extra pages and that also took 10 days total. I didn't think pages should take long, but I was still pleasantly surprised.

WOW! We were some of the people caught up in all the delays last year. It took us 3+ months and was coming down to our trip almost being cancelled because of it. My passport came the week before we were to leave.

I wonder if your passport arriving so fast was due to it being a renewal?

I used a private expidite service and received mine in 4 days. Faster service is available for more $.

In fact my Wife & sister used the same service on other occasions with the same performance.

I had the same 10 day renewal experience back in November. Now if I had a dive trip to use it for......:(

I just got my rewewal for a lost passport back in Feb., 10 days total. :confused:
Are they just giving them out nowadays? Gov't never worked so quick.

Same experience here. I got mine in 9 days. I'm just irritated because I DID pay the expedite fee. I guess it bought me one day.

Aware of all the delays my friends encountered in getting passport renewals this time last year, I mailed my passport off for renewal on the afternoon of February 19th. I chose not to mark it "expedited" (and thus saved paying an extra $60 plus shipping). I expected to see it back on the later end of the 4 to 6 weeks the State Department is listing as the current processing time. I was shocked when my new passport arrived at my door on February 29th! :11: It took just 10 days including shipping. The government never does anything that fast. . . . :wink:

That was fast, last spring/summer we waited almost 15 weeks...in fact had to travel without them to Little Cayman last July, used our driver's license & birth certificates-- lost a little time coming back in Grand Cayman airport....

I guess they have too many people working there now.:rofl3: I got my expedite fee refunded because they didn't fulfill within the specified time. That was last summer.

Sounds like they're catching up on the backlog, now dealing with less requests, and perhaps the centers have increased abilities. Good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom