Coco view - Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sgj99

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i am part of a group of 4 heading to coco view in july. none of us have been there but 2 have been to anthony's key. any advice?

I was there 4 years ago. It's a nice place and if you're goal is to dive dive dive....it's the place. If you get bored and want to get out, you can rent a car. Good food, nice cabins, nice boats, nice people...

I'd advise you to dive. A lot. (I bet Roatan Man's advice will differ though--he'll probably say to dive even more.) Do a SB search, plenty of previous threads to check out that cover this topic "in depth" (sorry). Thats ok though, gives us all a chance to reminisce about what we miss on Roatan! Bring some strong bug juice and a good attitude, the island will do the rest. // WW

i am part of a group of 4 heading to coco view in july. none of us have been there but 2 have been to anthony's key. any advice?

Good choice....you got questions?? we got answers CoCo Chat everything you wanted to know and more about CCV....and that is where we hang out when we are not there....check out the webcams.....:D Doc will probably be along shortly and give you the long version of what I have just told you:rofl3:

There are probably 500 threads on this subject!

sorry deputy dan, i guess i should have been more specific. i realize there have been a lot of posts for this resort. i'm looking for recent reviews. resorts change with time, i.e., management and staffing changes, diving schedules and boat additions ... so something that was posted even last year may have changed by now.

i realize there have been a lot of posts for this resort. i'm looking for recent reviews. resorts change with time, i.e., management and staffing changes, diving schedules and boat additions ... so something that was posted even last year may have changed by now.

Or even last week.

But as you say, you're booked and going. Heck of a time to wonder if this will be the trip from hell. :rofl3:

For those who have been both to AKR and CCV, each resort has its die hard fans. That group would likely rate them 1 & 2 of Roatan AI resorts, if they had seen the rest of them, too.

You're in for an exceptional experience. Firstly- AI's make great financial sense if you plan on more than two dives in a day. Take out of the equation spending time cooking, going off for lunch at restaurants, etc. All fun things to do on a vacation, but not on a dive vacation.

CCV is about as close as you can come to a liveabaord where the bed doesn't rock.

Some (very few) people walk away decrying the lack of fish. There are Barracuda and Parrotfish, big enough to be sure, there are Spotted Eagles and such- but the real treasure lies in the odd collection of critters that hide in the shallow, sunlit walls of the South side.

Here are some very common sights: http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3139

The South side is all in the details. Take a flashlight, consider a magnifying glass. Go shallow, go slow. Stretch a shore dive into an hour and a half. Lots to see.

That, and the Key Lime Pie.

Okay, Monkey LaLas. too.

Pretty much so the same old wretched place.

It was pretty much the same old wretched place I've been to for the last 4 years when I returned earlier this month. Just put on bug spray as soon as you take off the exposure protection (dive locker area) and you'll be OK. Don't miss an exposed spot because the noseeums won't miss.

sorry deputy dan, i guess i should have been more specific. i realize there have been a lot of posts for this resort. i'm looking for recent reviews. resorts change with time, i.e., management and staffing changes, diving schedules and boat additions ... so something that was posted even last year may have changed by now.

For the latest from the diehards - go to their forum.

CoCo Chat

It's where to COCONuts hang out together and where you would probably get a quicker response to a specific question!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom