Continental extends 2nd bag fee to international flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
From Continental's web site:

Notice: Continental Airlines is implementing a $25 fee for customers checking a second bag when traveling on Economy fare tickets between Latin America* (excluding Brazil and the Dominican Republic) and the 50 U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. The fee will apply for tickets purchased on or after May 8, 2008, for travel commencing on or after May 19, 2008.

Continental Airlines previously implemented a $25 fee for customers checking a second bag when traveling on Economy fare tickets purchased on or after April 5, 2008 for travel commencing on or after May 5, 2008 within the 50 U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada.

Certain customers are exempt from paying the new fee and will be allowed to check second bags free of charge (bags must meet weight and size restrictions). These customers include:

OnePass Elite members
SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus members
Any customer traveling on a ticket purchased in Y class of service
Continental Airlines Presidential Plus credit card holders
Active military personnel traveling on orders
Any customer traveling to/from Brazil or the Dominican Republic
Customers traveling with the above exempt customers are also exempt as long as they are traveling in the same reservation. This exemption will not apply to group reservations including 10 or more customers.

All customers may continue to check one bag free of charge. Additionally, there is no charge for car seats, strollers and wheelchairs.

Just traveled from Norfolk, VA to Honolulu on CO. For some reason they did not charge for my extra bag of SCUBA gear. Routes to HNL may be exempt.

I'm not surprised, but I'm disappointed. There's another $25 I won't have to spend in Coz (which is the only place I usually fly on Continental).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom