Looking for Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a good location to take a group of new divers and non-divers. They want to go around New Years.

Looking for a place that the non divers can enjoy and has pretty easy diving.

TIA

What type of budget are you looking at? What type of diving other than good for newbies? Do you want exotic destination or luxury? Are the divers wanting to do 2 am dives, then do other stuff with the non-divers the rest of day?

New Years is a tough time as it is Peak vacation time and $$$$. Many of the best resorts may be booked full already for this year. I have a couple of recommendations in mind but need a bit more info from you.

robin:D

Robins right about the $$$$$$$$$$$$

I had a free place to stay in Aruba over new year's last year and didn't go due to airfare costs!

Look at how much a cruise goes up in cost during the holidays! The same is true all over!

What type of budget are you looking at? What type of diving other than good for newbies? Do you want exotic destination or luxury? Are the divers wanting to do 2 am dives, then do other stuff with the non-divers the rest of day?

New Years is a tough time as it is Peak vacation time and $$$$. Many of the best resorts may be booked full already for this year. I have a couple of recommendations in mind but need a bit more info from you.

Two dives in the Am and activities in the afternoon. Nice and easy shallow reef dives either boat or shore. We are on East coast so I figure somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico. The far east would probably be too Pricey. Does not have to be exotic or luxury, but nice and comfy. Bonaire would be great except not much for non divers to do. Hope this helps.

Two dives in the Am and activities in the afternoon. Nice and easy shallow reef dives either boat or shore. We are on East coast so I figure somewhere in the Caribbean or Mexico. The far east would probably be too Pricey. Does not have to be exotic or luxury, but nice and comfy. Bonaire would be great except not much for non divers to do. Hope this helps.

okay - I would suggest to you either Belize or Riviera Maya/Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Prices aren't too expensive at either plus there are some topside activities. Either place you can do morning dives and then afternoon go do topside stuff. From Ambergris Caye, Belize you can visit the mainland for a couple of down days diving and cave tube, visit Mayan ruins, national zoo, etc. Lots of things like that. The RM/PDC area has more fancy type resorts with daily activities to choose from. Lots of Mayan ruins to visit like Chitchen Itza or parks like Xcaret.
I would look at both of those areas on some websites like Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations
and
Caribbean Dive Island Vacations at Bay Adventures

Cozumel might be good choice also. Not so much topside other than shopping, snorkeling, and hanging out on beach but you could take a day off diving and run over to PDC on the mainland and do those tours.

Hope this gives you a place to start. I would start working on this now though due to it being peak season.

If you are considering either Cozumel or Playa/Rivera Maya for your vacation, go to this website: Can-Do Maps and travel guides and buy one of the maps now. You can see what there is to do, how far, what hotels, what restaurants, shopping, roads, etc. Very very very helpful and not expensive. We got one before our first trip to Cozumel 8 yrs ago and it helped us sooooo much.

Robin, thank you
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom