Where have you seen the best visibility ever seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tomeck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where have you seen the best visibility ever seen?

For me, the best visibility ever seen was Silfra in Iceland. Silfra is a fault betwwen two technonic plates America and Europe in the national park Þingvellir. Water is fresh, the temperature is 37°F (3°C) and the visibility was more than 330 feet (100 meters):

2284Islande_1-med.jpg

2284Islande_5-med.jpg

2284Islande_6-med.jpg

2284Islande_7-med.jpg

Great Pix Tomeck! A bit cold for me. I saw Great vis in Roatan 8 weeks ago.. :)

Awesome! and nice pictures too :wink:

Best viz I've had has been Rainbow River in Florida... about 200 ft. or so... water was in the mid to upper 60s... it was really neat being able to see that far.

Best vis for me has been Clear Lake in Oregon. Very similar conditions, cool fresh water lake fed from underground springs where the water is filtered by volcanic rock.

For me it's Silfra as well in Iceland. When we came into the lagoon we could clearly see the other end which was well over 100m away.

If you're in Iceland, it's worth the effort to dive Silfra!

For me it has to have been Roca Partida, which is about 300 miles SSW of the tip of Baja California. Roca Partida is a rock that sticks up out the deep pelagic ocean. The water was so clear that it was hard to estimate distances, but we could see the bottom which was about 300ft below!

Here is a picture of some divers hanging in the blue. Click on the image for more details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom