Honeymoon destination advice (Oct 08)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iSTRONG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
My fiancee and myself are getting married in Oct 08. We're looking for advice on a honeymoon destination. We both did our PADI open water course 2 years ago in Sharm-el-Sheikh, Egypt & then did 3 weeks of diving in Bunaken & Lembeh, indonesia last year (50 dives + advanced open-water course). Both were beyond awesome (highly recommend two-fish divers resort in Bunaken!!) That's the extent of our diving experience (water is too cold in england :p)

We're looking for a romantic holiday (2-3 weeks in october) with some diving included (maybe 25 dives or so). Nice beach is a must.

Our budget is moderate $8,000 - $10,000 inc. flights. We'll be flying from London.

All advice & suggestions v. v. welcome. Thanks!

Thanks for the recommendation. I thought Maldives climate wasn't great in October... am i being mistaken?

Hi,

Have u thought of northern Mocambique. Have a squiz at this website, Barra Resorts & FLAMINGO BAY WATER LODGE: Mozambique packages and holiday specials. Largest selection of vacation specials in Mozambique.

Flamingo Bay or Barra Lodge are really beautiful. Flamingo Bay is totally exclusive and as romantic as you'll get:wink: the water bungalows reminded me of Mabul Island. The beaches are untouched and it's not as commercial as other places.

The diving is fantastic, just ask for feedback on the board and hear what people have to say. I was at Barra Lodge at the end of last year and I've never seen so many whale sharks and mantas as I did up there.

Most importantly though, on a $8000 - $10000 budget you can really have an awesome holiday, maybe take in a few days game safari in a private game reserve in South Africa, go great white shark cage diving in Cape Town etc.

Anyway, congrats on getting married in October and have wonderful honeymoon wherever you choose to go.

Not sure how much for you to get to Tahiti (Bora Bora, Moorea), but they have some of the best beaches and clearest water I have ever seen.

If your looking in the Caribbean and not looking for a 5 star resort type, more like a small romantic island with cabanas type resorts and a personalized touch of service. Although with the budget you could rent a private home (5 Star) and hire a caretaker. 3 usualy deserted beached in the island, Old Providence Island, a very pirvate, not yet discovered paridise. Diving has been compared to the cayman Island with out the croweds and prices by sport diver mag.
If interested there is more on my web page and a few blogs by other divers who have been on divebuddy.com

To state the conservative POV, I wouldn't recommend the hurricane belt in October -- ya just never know... If you want Caribbean, look south -- Trinadad & Tobago and the ABC islands (Bonaire is a great dive destination) are a much safer bet for clear skies and light seas in autumn.

If you are looking at the Pacific, I would consider Fiji. There are lots of resorts with nice beaches and very exotic and romantic. Check out Castaway Island resort or Beqa Lagoon Resort. Lots of others here: Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations or Ultimate Dive Travel - Scuba Diving Tours - Scuba Dive Vacation

October is the end of hurricane season in the Caribbean. Water is very warm and weather is very good as long as no storms! If you are okay to chance it, I would consider looking at Cayman Brac Resort or Little Cayman Resort. Look at the same dive agent websites listed above. Both are nice resorts with great diving.
There is also Roatan: Welcome to CoCo View Resort which is very rustic and has rooms over the water. The website has videos, too. Not luxury, but very exotic feel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom