Suggestions for novel for hubby on airplane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok, you guys........give me some suggestions for a really good book to get for hubby to read on the plane. going on vacation in a few weeks, and will have 3 flights each way, and layovers. thanks,donna

ok, you guys........give me some suggestions for a really good book to get for hubby to read on the plane. going on vacation in a few weeks, and will have 3 flights each way, and layovers. thanks,donna

Shadow Divers - Robert Kurson

Raising the Dead - Philip Finch

Have a nice trip!

If he's open on the subject matter, some non-diving ideas:

Kite Runner - good, but sad
The Omnivore's Dilemma - sounds like it'd be boring, but I thought it was really good
If you happen to be going to Australia - "In a Sunburned Country" is funny (but it's an old book)

White Divers of Broome.... my history is full of sad racist decisions and this tells the story of one of them... and again, the white anglo english aussies got their butts kicked by the migrants!!! :D

and Stokers Submarine. its about the creation of our submarine corp during ww1 and how we (the aussies) were the 1st country to break into the turkish stronghold, the scuttling of the AE2 and its recent discovery

Don't know if your hubby likes Nelson Demille, but pretty much anything he writes is awesome; Plum Island, Gold Coast (my favorite), Up Country, etc.

I also read Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield. It's about the battle of Thermopylae and it was AWESOME. I also like some of WEB Griffin's presidential agent series. I can go on and on. The others have covered some of my favorite diving books. But I would add Caverns Measureless to Man if he is intersted in caving.

These are all must read books if you are on a plane...

Michael Crichton's "Airframe"
Nicholson Baker's "Room Temperature"
Authur Hailey's "Zero Hour"
Nelson DeMille's "Mayday"
Ridley Pearson's "Hard Fall"
Walter Wager's "58 Minutes"
John Nance's "Pandora's Clock"
Piers Paul Read's "Alive"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom