Beware, apparently flights are disappearing.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Read on another travel forum that flights are disappearing....booked flights. And the passengers are not necessarily being notified.

If you've got a flight booked, I highly suggest you check it every week to make sure it still exists, and daily the week of right up until flight time.

About 3 years ago Delta cancelled a flight on us and didn't tell us. I went in to check seat assignments to see if dive buddy and I were on a full flight..... POOF, our flight was gone and it was 1 week to departure. Delta claimed they notified me by email and voicemail, odd I got neither.

Read on another travel forum that flights are disappearing....booked flights. And the passengers are not necessarily being notified.

Seems odd by you never know. However, if they cancelled my flight and never notified me, I would not be very happy and I’m sure they have some legal mumbojumbo in the ticket language that protects them from getting sued over it.

My wife always checks in on-line and always tries to get better seating right up to the day of the flight. But good advice by the OP!

Whew... I thought you meant the flights were disappearing out of the sky.

I fly international carriers most of the time. Must admit, I've had far less problems with them than the domestic ones, but haven't flown either in the last 6-8 months.

I went around with Continental when they changed my seat assignment selected many months in advance. When flights, equipment, etc are change or canceled - they try to email the agency that booked the flight. Had I booked with Continental.com and my email, I would have received the notice; this trip I cashed in point from a credit card and the agency who handled that for me never forwarded the email.

While all above warnings are probly good idea, check with your airlines to make sure that your email and phone number are on the record.

Thank you for posting this thread. A lot of people don't think about these things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom