US Airways to charge for beverage service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldenbear01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A whole new way for the airlines to make money, strand the passengers on the runway for 10 hours and charge them for water. It's a better plan than the free water and charge them for the bathroom.

I really hate being nickeled and dimed with stuff. I'd much rather they just raise fares and stop making me dig in my wallet for $6 to buy a dried out turkey sandwich. But at least with food, you CAN pack and bring it with you. Since we cannot bring liquids into the airport, it's impossible to pack your own beverages. It's hard for me to sit in a desiccating airliner for six hours without drinking SOMETHING, so I'm going to be forced to pay for beverages. Somehow, I find that quite offensive.

I really hate being nickeled and dimed with stuff. I'd much rather they just raise fares and stop making me dig in my wallet for $6 to buy a dried out turkey sandwich. But at least with food, you CAN pack and bring it with you. Since we cannot bring liquids into the airport, it's impossible to pack your own beverages. It's hard for me to sit in a desiccating airliner for six hours without drinking SOMETHING, so I'm going to be forced to pay for beverages. Somehow, I find that quite offensive.

I've heard that TSA will allow you through security with EMPTY water bottles, then you can fill them at a fountain before boarding the plane.

Not having access to free, fresh water on board the aircraft is an unacceptable practice, imho. They don't have to supply bottled water free of charge, but water should be available to all passengers pretty much at all times. Even if they have those pathetic dispensers like on some Qantas flights and I have to get it myself.

Sodas on our domestic carrier have incurred a charge for ages, so that's old news for some of us unfortunately. I'm so looking forward to my flights this week - hubby just flew with them and the "meal" is now either a sausage roll or meat pie (you don't get a choice, depends on the flight) with sauce - nasty nasty nasty!

I've heard that TSA will allow you through security with EMPTY water bottles, then you can fill them at a fountain before boarding the plane.

Is this anywhere on there website?

Using the guidelines on the TSA site, the idea of taking empty water bottles thru TSA checkpoints and filling before boarding should work. Beats buying overpriced H2O in the terminal.

I bring an empty bottle and fill it at the water fountain all the time, never had a problem. It's liquids, not bottles TSA has a problem with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom