Help Me Plan My Honeymoon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MeiLing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
O.K. So we've been married almost 4 years after living together for 10! Did the big, fat Greek wedding for the family and had no money leftover for a honeymoon. For the 5th anniversary, I want my honeymoon!:D

We live in Honolulu, so somewhere South Pacific is probably our destination. Hubby, who gets very seasick, wants to do a liveaboard, trying to convince me that he'll be fine once I dope him up on mezcline or such!:D We're both avid divers so something that is a challenge and exciting is part of the plan.

Me, I am not so sure about the liveaboard thing. I would kind of like the concept of dressing for dinner to be slightly more than changing out of my swim/wetsuit! I would also like the idea of being to escape the other passengers without have to hole up in our cabin.

Any suggestions?

south pacific......vanuatu :multi:

santo has the Coolidgee - a wreck the size of the titanic and its a shore dive

or one of the smaller island so lots of reefs with some wrecks and you can get out of your cossies for dinner

Also, what time of year is best for South Pacific? March?

January to March is our (southern hemisphere) official summer period and the tropics will be hot (26-34 degrees Celsius) and i think they get more rain at that time of year also.

but in saying that - we were there late december (christmas) and it didnt rain once and although i expected it to be hotter it was never unpleasant - in fact i was expecting it to be hot and humid but it was fine

O.K. so I was in the living room talking to hubby about this post and then I go back into the kitchen and there is a small arrangement of red roses. My first thought is, "What's the occasion?" D'oh! Our anniversary is actually tomorrow!

I had thought about it and bought a card but it slipped my mind lost among the other busyness of our lives such as his graduation next weekend and the impending visit by my in-laws for the occasion!

If he really wants a liveaboard - go to Palau on a liveaboard - either the Eco Explorer or Big Blue Explorer or Aggressor! He will not be seasick as the boats are anchored out near all the great dive sites and you take a small skiff 5-10 minute ride to each site. Really quick and the big boats don't rock at all. They are more like a floating hotel. See my trip report and videos here: Palau on the Eco Explorer - Dec 2007
it will be a trip of a lifetime!

if you want to go land-based, I would go to Fiji. Lots of great deals on Fiji right now - look here: Island Dreams Travel scuba diving vacations, cozumel scuba diving, dive travel, dive resorts, diving trips
and
Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations
and
Ultimate Dive Travel - Scuba Diving Tours - Scuba Dive Vacation

both locations are fabulous diving!

robin:D

I got back from Indonesia (Northern Sulawesi) couple of weeks ago and would definitely recommend that to anybody. I decided against staying on liveaboard this time, but there are some (see North Sulawesi Aggressor, for example). There are lot's of cool dive sites, like, Bunaken (lot's of walls), Bangka (reefs and walls) and Lembeh (black sands, small walls) within range.

Sorry, MeiLing, I don't have the correct specialty certification card to help plan a honeymoon. Heck, I don't even know the first thing about marriage and I think you're supposed to get that cert first, right?

Seriously, where ever you two decide to go, have a fantastic and well deserved "honeymoon."

I am surprised that ALMITYWIFE did not say Cairns, Australia? They have great live-aboards, and after the boat trip, you could spend a few days in town as well, and have fun there.

Cairns would be my own first choice, and Palau my second, and Kona my third (although since you already live in Hawaii then Kona probably does not seem like such a big deal to you).

Bega Lagoon Resort, Fiji. Shark dive is fabulous. Good food. Privacy. A little culture goes along way here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom