Any ideas on group travel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cringhofer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just returned from the Passions of Puert Rico SportDiver event trip. This trip is going to be hard to follow up for a number of reasons. The group was dynamic, passionate and fun and the itinerary was fast-paced, adventurous, included a fair amount of diving and also a number of other interesting things to do. As a single I am always looking for trips where I can meet people and enjoy all that a dive location has to offer. My trips were mostly liveaboards but after experiencing a land-based trip such as this one I am sold on incorporating more than diving into a trip. Any ideas on dive groups, group trips for my next adventure? I'm looking at a November-December time frame. (No offense to anyone but please do not mention singledivers.com as the founder and I do not get along very well). I look forward to your comments.
Carol

cringhofer
View Public Profile
Send a private message to cringhofer
Find all posts by cringhofer
Add cringhofer to Your Buddy List

Does your dive shop organize trips? That would be a good place to start. Some resorts may also host their own singles weeks without it necessarily being associated with a specific club. This might be an instance where a travel agent could be a useful resourse. They may have some good ideas for singles oriented travel.

My shop is Ocean Enterprises in San Diego. Their trips have gotten quite expensive in recent years but they do have a travel agent (who instructed my re-cert) and I will contact her. Thanks.

You could also try Caradonna (may be spelled wrong). They do all kinds of dive travel arrangements, and I'm sure would have something that fits your needs.

Sorry I guess I didn't read your post all the way through first time. Another group you might try is Zen Divers:

Zendiving - The Way Scuba Diving Should Be Done /
They also do some trips together and help eliminate the single supplement.

Last edited:
You can always go with the Windy City Seals out of Chicago. Although our trip starts Saturday, may be next year. We love to dive and have fun and we are very open to new people traveling and diving with us....you don't need a roommate as long as you don't mind one of us being your roommate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom