Where to go in LATE JULY??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gdavidson

New
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm looking for a dive destination (or destination with diving) to visit in late July to have a break from a busy work schedule, chill out and do some diving. Ideal would be somewhere to accommodate my beginner partner and intermediate me with sunshine and chill out. We're based in Vancouver Canada so would prefer to stay in North or Central America. We looked at places like Roatan, Costa Rica, Cayman, Florida and Hawaii.

Any insights would be GREAT!

Thanks
Gillian

We enjoyed Cozumel a lot in late July last year. My husband was a brand new diver and I was slightly less new, but we did some great diving and had a lot of fun. It's a slightly less busy time of year so lots of opportunity to relax and chill as well as dive. We combined Cozumel with a few days in Akumal on the mainland and liked it there too. In fact so much so that I'll be back there in 12 days :)

Hello!
I'm looking for a dive destination (or destination with diving) to visit in late July to have a break from a busy work schedule, chill out and do some diving. Ideal would be somewhere to accommodate my beginner partner and intermediate me with sunshine and chill out. We're based in Vancouver Canada so would prefer to stay in North or Central America. We looked at places like Roatan, Costa Rica, Cayman, Florida and Hawaii.

Any insights would be GREAT!

Thanks
Gillian

that is only a few weeks away - you need to see if resorts still have openings and if you can get airline tickets. Many destinations have limited flight schedules now.

You have mentioned a wide range of trips - the places vary is $$-$$$$ and types of diving. Roatan would be great for both beg and int diver, not so much curent, most resorts offer up to 4-5 dives per day, etc. Costa Rica is more an eco destination with 2 dives per day, some current, maybe not the greatest for a newbie. Cayman - which island? Florida - Keys or SE coast? Hawaii - which island? this might be a good choice as diving tends to be easier but everything is expensive. The good thing is that there is lots to do topside on Big Island and Maui.

check out some of the major dive travel websites for more info: www.caradonna.com
or
www.bayadventures.com
or
www.divetrip.com

I would start looking at how you will get to the destination and if resorts have vacancies ASAP. Hawaii is pretty easy as the resorts are huge but other places like Roatan might be booked already.

Mostly over looked San Andres and Old Providence Island might be of interest to you.
I know there is plenty of room at a few resorts on both islands getting a flight there this late might be a chalange.
Ciao
Tad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom