Need all the help I can get!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakiddo

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! Ok so I am looking to go on a dive trip between 4-7 days long depending on price ect. (I would love to stay 7) to somewhere awesome .....like sulawesi, palau, belize.....some where my boyfriend and I can go off the beaten path and see and experience awesome animals/nature on land but have GREAT diving! He has always wanted to go to those places. I have been to most of the caribbean and I live in FL so I want to go somewhere a little better. I cant afford Australia I dont think but that would be F-n AWESOME....

Heres what I am working with..... we may / may not be able to get cheap plane tickets through a dive buddy/captin of airlines depending on the things but i dont want to count on that.

I am budgeting 2800$ myslef extra between now and then. I am looking to go for my bday (9-11) but he is an instructor and has o/w classes around then so I was thinking the week after (sometime 15-21 im guessing) but nothing set in stone of course. I dont know how much he will be able to save, and I cant count on any amount really so we will say he gets 600 dollars extra and that leaves us 3300$ for the two of us. We own all of our own dive gear ect so we wont have rental gear cost.

Any ideas? I am open to cruises/live aboards ect but ultimatly if money wasent an issue for him I would love to go fly somewhere, stay 7 days at maybe an all inclusive dive resort/all inclusive hotel/or plain dive resort, go shore diving and then of course get some chartered boat diving.

I am not very good about finding good deals and good prices.

OH and also I dont really care if its a 1 star or 5 star, the cheaper the better (but most of the time allinclusives save us money with food/drink) We will hardly be in the room only sleeping when we have too lol.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!:blinking:

Hey guys! Ok so I am looking to go on a dive trip between 4-7 days long depending on price ect. (I would love to stay 7) to somewhere awesome .....like sulawesi, palau, belize.....some where my boyfriend and I can go off the beaten path and see and experience awesome animals/nature on land but have GREAT diving! He has always wanted to go to those places. I have been to most of the caribbean and I live in FL so I want to go somewhere a little better. I cant afford Australia I dont think but that would be F-n AWESOME....

Heres what I am working with..... we may / may not be able to get cheap plane tickets through a dive buddy/captin of airlines depending on the things but i dont want to count on that.

I am budgeting 2800$ myslef extra between now and then. I am looking to go for my bday (9-11) but he is an instructor and has o/w classes around then so I was thinking the week after (sometime 15-21 im guessing) but nothing set in stone of course. I dont know how much he will be able to save, and I cant count on any amount really so we will say he gets 600 dollars extra and that leaves us 3300$ for the two of us. We own all of our own dive gear ect so we wont have rental gear cost.

Any ideas? I am open to cruises/live aboards ect but ultimatly if money wasent an issue for him I would love to go fly somewhere, stay 7 days at maybe an all inclusive dive resort/all inclusive hotel/or plain dive resort, go shore diving and then of course get some chartered boat diving.

I am not very good about finding good deals and good prices.

OH and also I dont really care if its a 1 star or 5 star, the cheaper the better (but most of the time allinclusives save us money with food/drink) We will hardly be in the room only sleeping when we have too lol.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!:blinking:

South Pacific is a ten day trip minimum. Plus it is pricey.
Try (1) Bonaire, (2) Roatan, (3) Grenada

Are you saying you have $1650 per person but you don't need air?

Clarify that and we'll list your more awesome choices.

"...we may / may not be able to get cheap plane tickets through a dive buddy/captin of airlines...." Yeah that's a big one there. Many Caribbean locations will give great discounts in September since it's after US vacation season as well as hurricane season but with fuel prices now, you're looking at $2500 to fly you two to Roatan RT, but only $800 or so to get you both to Cancun RT with easy shuttle & ferry to Cozumel and you might still catch the whale sharks? $1070 might get both of y'all to Exuma RT to do a delightful liveaboard out of there.

If I were you, I would start looking at some websites that specifically give you dive packages so you can compare prices.
Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations
Caribbean Dive Island Vacations at Bay Adventures
Island Dreams Travel scuba diving vacations, cozumel scuba diving, dive travel, dive resorts, diving trips
Ultimate Dive Travel - Scuba Diving Tours - Scuba Dive Vacation

these are all good resources that I have used to help me plan a trip. They get good deals, some with airfare included but most prices are just hotel/dive packages.
The price you are giving us ($3300 for 2 people) isn't much if air is included and I don't know who your airline friend is but all airlines do not fly to all destinations. YOu may have to pay for tickets.
Liveaboards - nope, they cost that much per person in most cases, especially in Pacific. (we just did a liveaboard to Palau, cost was around $4800per person with the airfare, dayroom hotel on way back, etc.) The only liveaboards that might be in your price range for Sept would be BLACKBEARDS-CRUISES.COM (bahamas) or Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Live-Aboard Diving (bahamas) if you can get free airfare to and from. I don't even know if those have any space available for that timeframe, you would have to call them.

Other places in the Caribbean - like Belize, Cozumel, Riviera Maya might be your least expensive bet. But you have to realize that Sept is the middle of hurricane season for the whole Caribbean. Hawaii is good in Sept but diving and food are expensive there.

Have fun doing some research on those websites I listed. They will give you an idea of what to expect and they can help you book everything if you need it.

robin:D

Good info Robin, but I'm trying to imagine her and her BF sharing a 4 bunk room on a Blackbeards. :lol2:

I spent the first two weeks of this month in Cozumel - the diving was truely awesome and it is a great place to visit.

You couldn't go wrong here. Some dive shops, such as Aqua Safari's, offer nice accomodations at a very reasonable price. We didn't stay there (we were at Cozumel Palace), but I dove with them. Everything here from decent budget places to luxury all-inclusives.

Possibly check Costa Rica for jungle/canopy tour with some diving, at this you would have diving plus jungle animals.
Sometimes you can get special airfares to Africa, last time I went I bought a consolidated airfare out of Miami to Jo-berg, @ 1400 each, then car rental to Krugar with lodging, around $100 per night - at Satara, mabe stay 3 nights then drive over the mountains to Sodwanna Bay for a few days of diving. Without air fare maybe 1500. each - depends on length of time at Krugar and Sodwanna plus where you stay as you can tent at Sodwanna.
The diving was really good as we only did a couple of diving days, saw Potato Cod, soft coral, a lot of the Red Sea species as well as some sharks.

File0059.jpg

File0043-1.jpg

File0040-1.jpg

File0039.jpg

File0032.jpg

File0028.jpg

File0017-1.jpg

File0011.jpg

File0008-1.jpg

File0247copy.jpg

Ok update:

I spoke with im about possibly going to bonair....we were looking at about 1300-2000 to get there, have all our meals and diving takin car of for the both of us. I thought that was pretty good...but he thought that was much to go to bonair???

He wants to go to Costa Rica. Mainly becuase he wants to go off the beatn path the the rainforest, volcanos, ect. Im good with that but Im not finding much of a better deal than I had gotten for Bonair. He was telling me it shouldnt cost no where near as much to get there ect and well like I said when I started this thread I dont really no mucha bout planning trips and I cant find good info. So Any help with booking a great scuba/adventure trip to costa rica is greatly appreciated.

Oh and lol he is actually going on the blackbeard live aboard next saturday for a week teaching a group of boyscouts so we wont be doing that option :)

Ok update:

I spoke with im about possibly going to bonair....we were looking at about 1300-2000 to get there, have all our meals and diving takin car of for the both of us. I thought that was pretty good...but he thought that was much to go to bonair???

He wants to go to Costa Rica. Mainly becuase he wants to go off the beatn path the the rainforest, volcanos, ect. Im good with that but Im not finding much of a better deal than I had gotten for Bonair. He was telling me it shouldnt cost no where near as much to get there ect and well like I said when I started this thread I dont really no mucha bout planning trips and I cant find good info. So Any help with booking a great scuba/adventure trip to costa rica is greatly appreciated.

Oh and lol he is actually going on the blackbeard live aboard next saturday for a week teaching a group of boyscouts so we wont be doing that option :)

definitely look at those links I gave you - both Bonaire and Costa Rica are there (Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations). They are VERY different destinations. Costa Rica is more a 2 dives per day place with some excursions off to jungle, Bonaire is a dive dive dive place on an island of nothing but rocks and cactus. Bonaire does have cool iguanas and donkeys but not a jungle.

Back
Top Bottom