HELP: Diving/Surfing Instructor Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Macopa

New
Reaction score
I am looking into internship programs that can take me through the full shebang. I am interested in going somewhere overseas that will blow my mind in terms of culture, sights (above and below), and surf. I am wondering if there are any surfers out there that can recommend programs/places? I know there have been many questions about internships but none that I've found tying surfing into the picture. I'm thinking someplace like Indonesia (Bali) or the Maldives but I'm open to more or less any location. It would be good to be somewhere that had possibilities of staying after attaining the Instructor cert. and working. No culture or place is too obscure as long as it has what I'm looking for. My fear is that I will overlook a phenomenal program because it isn't well advertised. I realize a lot of the most amazing places aren't the easiest to find. There are too many possabilities...Fiji, West Timor, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Samoa, Tahiti, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, etc... I NEED HELP AND DIRECTION. Someone with a long white beard, staff, and cloak to point the way... :D Thanks to any posters.

surfing and diving.......... Hawaii, California, or Fiji. I know that Fiji has great surfing as a co-worker of my husband goes there every year for a week just for the surfing, but I don't know if the great surfing is anywhere near the great diving. I have also heard people say the surfing is awesome in Australia and New Zealand, but no real details.

I appreciate the info! I think you're spot on with good surf in all those locations but I am definitely looking to get out there a little bit. Australia and New Zealand would be fun and are on my list of places to see but I think I need a place that is a little more....how to put it....foreign. In language and culture. I think Fiji is a great option and something I'm looking into. Definitely NOT USCONUS.

I have heard good things about the Philippines and will look into dive schools there. Right now I've found crystal-divers in Bali and Sea Fun Divers in Thailand. I don't think the surf will be consistent in Thailand as Bali or as world class. One question I do have, for those that make a living diving: What is the difficulty in finding work in your country of choice? Is it as simple as just wanting to work there and going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom