Diving Baja California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iain-le-roi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all

I am travelling to US\Mexico (from UK) in october and I'm planning to fly into LA and travel down accross the border into mexico and travel down the peninsular of Baja California (down to los cabos\cabo san lucas). Does anyone have any reccomendations of must do dive spots on this route, whether they be in san diego or la paz or anywhere any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Have to admit I am mainly interested in the big stuff (sharks etc) and am probably just about intermeddiate although my girlfriend is a beginner.

Thanks

Iain

O meant to say.... a little low on time so unfortunately live-aboards aren't an option unless only very short (2 days).

La Bufadora just outside ensenada is decent, further down Bahia Los Angeles is remote but AWESOME diving in sea of cortez, the whale sharks might be in the bay. Muledge has some good diving, La Paz good diving and some great operators there. If time is a issue the drive down is LONG and remote so be careful, there has been some problems with banditos lately.

I have had some great dives in La Paz, Cabo Pulmo and Cabo San Lucas. When in Cabo, stop by Lands End Divers. They are a good group of guys!

Have a great and safe trip. I know there have been some safety concerns and travel advisories for driving in Northern Baja. You may want to look for them.

I personally, have not had a problem, but my travels are more in Southern Baja and Sonora and haven't been in Baja for a couple of years.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...-baja-attack-yields-grave-consequences-7.html

Best,

JcF

Thanks for the responses and the heads up on the recent trouble there.... we are thinking of taking busues down the route so will only travel in the day, sounds like it is just somewhere you need to travel smart and avoid putting yourself at risk. Does anyone know if there are particular places best avoided?

Also what is the name of the bay where the whale sharks might be and could you reccomend any dive operators there.

Call/Email Scott @ ProTec in La Paz
ProTec Pacific - tp

Back
Top Bottom