Planning first Trip - Location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElvisC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have very little experience diving and will be going on a trip solo. I am trying to decide between Belize, Bonaire, Caymans and Cozumel. Leaning toward Bonaire. I'll probably try to book through a shop so I can find buddies. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Where is a good place for beginners? Thanks.

I have very little experience diving and will be going on a trip solo. I am trying to decide between Belize, Bonaire, Caymans and Cozumel. Leaning toward Bonaire. I'll probably try to book through a shop so I can find buddies. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Where is a good place for beginners? Thanks.

defintely go to your dive shop and see what group trips they have. Your best bet, and safest bet as a new diver, is to go with them. You will have a buddy and fun, too. Any of the places you mentioned would be good, but I would pick a place with your LDS group.

If your LDS doesn't have a group trip going at a time good for you, then I would check with other shops or group trips on various boards like this one. It is easy to pick up a group trip on Scubaboard, just check out the Forums for each destination.

When did you want to go? Where are you at? (your profile is blank, you might want to fill that in.) Price limits?

robin:D

From your list, there is no doubt in my mind. Go to Bonaire. It is not hard to hook up with other divers and the dives are fantastic. The only down side is the hassle getting there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom