Need help on Dive Vacation!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcie

New
Reaction score
A large group of friends plan a 10-day dive vacation each year. Last year we went to Belize and had a fabulous time. Does anyone have any suggestions on vacations spots? We are looking for a place that is not overly commercialized, but offers enough to do to keep us busy for 10 days.

If you're hunting somewhere to dive, eat and sleep, CoCo View Resort is the place. Diving is available 24/7 and you are treated as adults,responsible for yourself. There is a 160ft. ship wreck right offshore as well as 2 excellent walls. Dive boats leave twice a day, at 9am and 2pm. On each you'll be taken to a dive site usually less than 20 min. away for the first dive and the second is a drop off dive. They will drop you off one one of three places...the shipwreck (Prince Albert), or one of the two walls. You then make your own way back to the beach. To me, these are the best dives. As you near the resort beach area, there are markers leading you from wall to shipwreck to beach, you'll have no problems getting back on your own.

The food is good, the staff wonderful and you'll make lifelong friends. In the main room, you can play pool, all sorts of board games or sit in the bar and tell lies. But if you need some wild and crazy nightlife, you won't find it there. We usually do 5-8 dives a day so an early night is always in order.

If you have any questions, I'll help all I can. We'll be making our 3rd trip there in March. You can make the arrangements yourself through Roatan Charters without going through your local travel agent.

http://www.roatan.com/cocoview/index.htm

This was taken about 20 minutes from the beach.
Photo

Hi Marcie,

If you do not want much "night life" and by "keeping you busy" you mean a lot of diving then you might want to give Bonaire a try. There are over 100 shore dive sites as well as a lot of boat trips and the diving ranges from shallow reefs to 100 ft wreck dives (both of which can be done from shore). The people are great and the food and accomidations range from 4 star to low budget. Here are a couple of web sites you may fine interesting http://www.BonaireTalk.com/newsgroup/messages/board-topics.html and http://www.buddydive.com/index.html . I love the people and diving and intend to get back in 2001. I will be happy to answer specific questions.

Dee,

That other photo was blowing out the sides of the forum so I hope you dont mind that I shrank it a little bit and reposted it.

btw, if you would like to set up a virtual Image Gallery and Postcard system with your photos through http://www.imageharbor.com just let me know and I will be happy to help.

=-)

It does look better now. Thanks also for deleting my screw-up in posting it! I tried to delete that post but it kept telling me I wasn't logged in when I was.

I'll check out the Image Harbour site. I've got a bunch of photos.

Dee

Dee and others...

If you want to see some of the other sites people have set up at ImageHarbor.com here are just a few...

Catalina

Vito Lorusso's UW World (beautiful!)

Sharks! Sharks! Sharks!

Yoshihiro's Photos (awesome!)

Two Friends Aviaries

Hunks! (For the ladies)

Bikini's (For the guys)

Historical Scuba

Fam Diver

Hermans Bonaire Photos

Silvia and Roel's Scuba Photos

Scuba Source's Misc UW Photos

So there are just a few of what is there and some examples of how people use them. you can use any of the default built in templates or you can customize the look to match your website exactly. Let me know what you think.

=-)

I don't have time to go all the way thru the site but so far it looks pretty good. I like being able to send any of the photos as postcards.

It is one of the BEST dive destinations I've ever been to (barring the dives off our sailboat, of course... but that doesn't count :wink: )

And Dee... once again your pix are great. I wanna take pix like YOU when I grow up!

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom