How many countries have you lived in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of a follow up on Rhone Man's thread of how many countries you've visited or been to. And one poster stated that visiting, getting the passport stamp, going to the high rise hotel and seminar the next day before departing, is not really visiting the country. I have to agree. That's all I saw of Hong Kong in two visits. Same with Thailand (Bangkok)
I've lived in the USA (OH, born and raised), Hawaii :D (9 years), the Philippines (12 years), Malaysia (1.5 years) and Belize (12 years).
I've worked for more than a week in Burma, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and Mexico.

I have lived most of my life in the BVIs, but I did two stints of about 5 years in each in the UK. I also lived in Seattle for about 6 months whilst my wife resolved some medical issues. Next year I will (probably) be moving to Hong Kong for a two year posting.

Lived in Peru (2 yrs) and Republic of the Congo (not DR Congo) several months. Lived and worked in mostly in Colo, but periods of work in TX, NM, MT, CA and NJ.
Visited Mex, Iceland, Bolivia and Caribbean and Pacific islands with some very short stops in Chad, Panama. And a whole bunch of airports.
I don't do this anymore - only dive vacations now.

United Kingdom, Italy, France, and the US Have spent lots of time in Japan, Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Canada, and all the western European countries except Portugal and Ireland.

Dale

If working in a country for weeks or months qualifies as living, then 6 although I have never really been a true expat in reality as I still maintained a residence in the US.

Sometimes since I moved to Texas I feel like I am, but that's just me.

Korea (1yr), England (3yrs), Germany (4yrs) for me. Does Laredo, Tx count as Mexico? :D

I've lived in six countries.

Yes it does

Just 2.

Back
Top Bottom