Singapore Airlines - Carry-On Weight Limitations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thiad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello -

Singapore Airlines indicates they restrict carry-on items to 7kg / 15 lbs on all flights. I'm not really thrilled with the idea of checking camera gear - even in a Pelican case, and honestly - an U/W camera, with all the strobes and case is well over 7kg! I've flown EVA Airways where they actually did weigh everyone's carry-ons and am a bit worried about the same happening with this airline.

Anyone have any experience with Singapore on this front?

Thank you in advance!

I flew Singapore Airlines London - Singapore - Bali in June. No one from the airline took any interest in checking, weighing or indeed anything else at all connected with my hand luggage. Security did however search it on every segment. Probably had 12 kg inc regs etc. I think you will be fine.

Even in economy, they are the most customer service focused airline I've flown with in years.

If you are on a 380 try to get a window seat upstairs. They have side bins instead of overhead lockers which is a nice feature on a long flight.

Enjoy your trip

I have noticed that it is mostly the budget carriers that enforce the carry on allowance. The higher end airlines, like Singapore, Cathay Pacific, Thai Air never seem to really enforce carry ons

We flew Singapore 2 years ago on our way to Lembeh. No one ever checked the weight of our stuffed carry-on bags. This year we will be flying on Emirates; they, too, list a 7kg limit on a single carry-on piece for coach (2 bags for business class). A couple of travel forums have warned that Emirates really does weigh & enforce carry-on limits. I'm tying to find the lightest back-pack possible.

I've never had a problem with Singapore Air. Most carriers look at the size of your carry on. If it looks like it will fit I don't think they really care to much what it weighs. I usually bring a camera vest and if they do weigh it I just remove things and put them into my vest until I'm under the weight limit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom