How do I find sites that rent drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bilsoccer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum, but ... I'd like to hear if there's a reliable way to find if there are dive sites in a region that rent drysuits. I live in TN and am going on a car trip to DC. Will pass through/near Maryland, Virginia and South Carolina.
I've tried several queries on Google but no matter how I phrase it I can't wade through all the drysuit courses and sales offers. I hate to go through each potential dive site's web page if I can help it.

Doubler - thanks, but as with Google, most such hits appear to be from rental companies. The few I found on the first few pages that were/appeared to be actual dive sites were way outside the region I intend to travel in. There are a few sites I know that rent such suits (for instance Mermet Springs), but if they show up on such queries, they're buried! Such dive sites are losing business by making it hard for customers to find them. Again, thanks for trying.

Doubler - thanks, but as with Google, most such hits appear to be from rental companies. The few I found on the first few pages that were/appeared to be actual dive sites were way outside the region I intend to travel in. There are a few sites I know that rent such suits (for instance Mermet Springs), but if they show up on such queries, they're buried! Such dive sites are losing business by making it hard for customers to find them. Again, thanks for trying.

I know The Dive Shop in Fairfax VA rents dry. I believe both DUI and Whites. I haven't myself called them, but my buddy who instructs there tells me so The Dive Shop - Northern Virginia

many lds have rental dry suits..Most, if not all, will require that you have dry suit speciality.

many lds have rental dry suits..Most, if not all, will require that you have dry suit speciality.

Actually, I've found it somewhat hard to find dry rentals here in MD, so the OP has a notable point of frustration. Like you said, you have to show your dry card, so I've been told for LDSs its not a money maker. That is, if you have your dry card, you more than likely have a suit already....Dry sales, now thats a different issue to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom