Short last minute trip from NYC needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good morning,

My husband and I have been trapped up in the Cold NYC and I desperately need a few days of diving. We have been able to finagle the following off of work

Thursday, March 7th evening flight
returning March 10th as late as possible.

Looking for a quick flight and not to spend a lot of $$. Diving on Friday and Saturday, eating and drinking on Sunday.

Very last minute,
Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Susan

How do you define "not a lot of dollars"?

If you are inferring warm water, you're looking at Florida or Bahamas.

You've hopefully done some research, how are the airfares working for you?

Not a lot of dollars would be inexpensive, but not "cheap"
Flights to Florida are running @500 per person.
We would have to rent a car in order to go diving in the area.
The Bahamas is running about the same, but the schedule isn't as fun.

What about Bermuda? See if you can book the American flight out and JetBlue back thru Expedia etc. This is from Matrix ITA, they show all flights with currently available seats. You might try it also, you can put in multiple origin/destinations and fine tune by time, price, stops etc. Just have to book with someone else. It's also the system behind Google Flight and many of the major travel portals. http://matrix.itasoftware.com/search.htm

Capture.jpg

Ok, so my diving buddy has convinced me that 2 days of diving isn't worth the bang for the buck. I can't get an additional day this time, so the trip is going to have to wait.

Thanks for all of the advice!

Back
Top Bottom