Kids sea camp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undrwatr

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are thinking of going to one of the kids sea camp outings next year so that my son can learn to scuba dive in a warm water place rather than in California. Does anyone have any experience with them? Did they like it or do you think it is better to contract with a PADI certified resort separately and get my son certified?

We have not used them but have 2 experiences with them, both very positive.

A coworker took her 2 kids (5 yr old and 11 yr old) with her and husband on one. They had a blast. Older daughter got to get certified, made lots of fiends her age. Younger one got to snorkel and play with dolphins. They did the Sea Camp at Anthony's Key Roatan. Both kids loved it and wanted to stay... cried all the way home on plane.

My husband and I went to Bonaire back in 2007, stayed at Buddy Dive, at the same time there was a Sea Camp there. We thought it would be a bother, but it wasn't. The kids were in groups by age, always busy with instructors during mornings, then free in afternoons to be with families. Looked like a blast and wish we had done something with our daughter when she was young.

All in all, I would say from my viewpoint it is a fantastic program.

While I have not been there, but I heard at this past DEMA show from a PADI representative that Jack's Diving Locker in Kona, HI had fantastic Kid's Camps. I also read an article in one of the dive magazies about their kids programs.

Jack's Diving Locker : Kids and Teens Snorkeling and Scuba Camps for 2011 - 2012

I think it says something about the commitment level of the dive operator to kids when they have a dedicated "Juniors" section on their website. Anyways you have time to investigate...

Good Luck,

~Oldbear~

The owner of our Shop has been working the Kids Sea Camp in Grand Cayman for a number of years now. She says the kids have a blast.

Back
Top Bottom