September vacation Sharm el Sheikh Egypt or Cozumel Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve A

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, having been to Egypt in Sept last year and again in March this year we were thinking of going again in September this year but for a little more we could go to Cozumel (Iberostar Cozumel) but not sure about the diving or the weather. Anyone been in late September before? Thanks Steve

Of the two, I've only been to Cozumel - several times. Great drift diving in the park, fast drift diving on the northern reefs, safer than most American cities, friendly locals, good food, and more. You can get a lot of info on how to Do-Cozumel on that forum here.

September is the middle of hurricane season. Hits are rare and I usually go in last August, only once evacuating ahead of a storm. I should have canceled before departure as it was forecast to hit, but I hoped it would turn - then when it didn't, escaped before it landed.

I don't know where you are coming from, but Europeans often say they prefer flying into Cancun rather than Coz as they can get to Cancun non-stop and avoid US I&C and TSA when changing planes on the way to Coz. It's a pity we don't have better international terminals in the US. If you fly into Cancun, it's rather easy to get to Coz - bus, shared van, private van or taxi & ferry, or the small plane service. Lots of info on that on the Coz forum.

Hi, having been to Egypt in Sept last year and again in March this year we were thinking of going again in September this year but for a little more we could go to Cozumel (Iberostar Cozumel) but not sure about the diving or the weather. Anyone been in late September before? Thanks Steve

Sept is HOT and buggy, very humid, daily rain showers with the possibility of hurricanes. It is the middle of hurricane season for the Caribbean. You could have excellent weather, or it might be ugly, no way to tell. Diving is always great in Cozumel, but ... that is hurricane season, so you take your chances there will not be a storm while you are there.

you will get more info about Cozumel if you post on the Cozumel Forum.

Thanks for the replies, think I would be better doing Sharm again In September then and then Coz in April/May next year . Seriously I am not a risk taker especially when it comes to my holidays and would rather wait until the weathers all but guaranteed. Cheers Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom