Looking for my dream site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlexTen

New
Reaction score
Please, advise a site that fits the following profile:

1. Warm and calm sea in the first third of the September
2. Free diving and snorkelling from the shore
3. Not many tourists
4. Very clear water
5. Plenty of sealife

So far BonAir fits the best

But I need rocky shore, no corals, deep passages between stones, grottoes, cliffs etc. Plus small patches of sand

Thank you

Alex

Sounds like most of the Bonaire dive sites - esp. the northern ones like Oil Slick and Jeff Davis...

We have all that and more for roughly half the price of Bonaire. Look us up on google and come find our secret little "hidden gem" island. Thriving reefs, no big resorts or touristy crowds, notoriously clear waters that have long been held exclusively for the rich and famous. Shore diving is stellar from the southern end all the way around the leeward side. Easy day trips to other islands as well. There as LOTS of reasons "why St.Vincent" on our website. Please look us up and if there is any thing we can do to help you in planning and arranging your trip please feel free to ask. We have what your after and then some, you won't be disappointed!

Curious Harmonyhallresorts, What is cost of flying from NorthEast US to St.Vincent? and How do you suggest getting there? Flying to Bonaire is not easy or cheap. But haven't found anything cheap.

We have all that and more for roughly half the price of Bonaire. Look us up on google and come find our secret little "hidden gem" island. Thriving reefs, no big resorts or touristy crowds, notoriously clear waters that have long been held exclusively for the rich and famous. Shore diving is stellar from the southern end all the way around the leeward side. Easy day trips to other islands as well. There as LOTS of reasons "why St.Vincent" on our website. Please look us up and if there is any thing we can do to help you in planning and arranging your trip please feel free to ask. We have what your after and then some, you won't be disappointed!

I can do 25+ dives on Nitrox on Bonaire for a total cost in USD of $130 to $160. Your post says for roughly 1/2 price so what would 25 dives cost on St. Vincent? Just wondering?

I can do 25+ dives on Nitrox on Bonaire for a total cost in USD of $130 to $160. Your post says for roughly 1/2 price so what would 25 dives cost on St. Vincent? Just wondering?

Total cost =

Price of tanks/gas
Price of equipment rental if needed
Price of local transportation (vehicle, insurance, and fuel)
Price of round trip airfare
Price of food/beverages
Price of lodging
Price of local permits/guides/boats (might not be needed if shore diving exclusively)
Price of misc.

Don't compare just one or a few cost parameters...aplles to apples :)

Total cost =

Price of tanks/gas
Price of equipment rental if needed
Price of local transportation (vehicle, insurance, and fuel)
Price of round trip airfare
Price of food/beverages
Price of lodging
Price of local permits/guides/boats (might not be needed if shore diving exclusively)
Price of misc.

Don't compare just one or a few cost parameters...aplles to apples :)

My Bonaire trip last year was 11 days and is was approximately $1,750 in total.

My Bonaire trip last year was 11 days and is was approximately $1,750 in total.

That is pretty gosh darn good...I was tooking at about the same for 7 days a CCV in Roatan.

It's all about the airfare rates.

The St. Vincent poster has posted this same info to numerous threads.
His website states prices that lead me to believe that the cost would actually be more than Bonaire - not approximately 1/2.

If someone will send me $10,000 or so - I will be glad to go to St. Vincent with a dive buddy and submit a detailed trip report. I will even refund the amount of the $10,000 not used. :D

Agree that Bonaire is hard to beat and is also below the typical Hurricane belt. In fact we're taking our 7th group there in December.

Airfare aside, I too would be interested and curious what a typical week in St. Vincent would cost for lodging and about 24 dives (12 boat and 12 shore). I couldn't really determine from the website. Is the dive operation on-site or is the diving and lodging separate? Are any meals included?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom