Virginia Beach August 13-14, Ocracoke 16-17, Myrtle Beach Aug 18... Any good Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShootinSquid

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All!!

Im going to be in the Mid Atlantics in August with my family for a vacation. We will be in Virginia Beach on the 13-14th, Ocracoke on the (15)16-17th and then Myrtle Beach on the 18th.

I am a PADI OWSI, my wife and daughter are AOW and we will (probably) have my daughter's friend who will be either a freshly minted Jr. Open Water (or I will be doing her checkouts in the OBX). Yes.... the deep dves are out :(( and so is my dream of a U-boat. That's OK though. If I can cultivate a new diver and get the diving bug in her, the future will be that much brighter. (more certifications, better dives, deeper dives, etc.etc. etc).

I am looking for some operators or suggestions for those areas, suggested dive sites and some general suggestions on viz, temps, etc.

We normally dive Southern FL, The Keys and Mexico, but are willing to have an adventure.

Thanks (in advance) :D

Express Watersports in Murrell's Inlet - just south of Myrtle Beach. Express Water Sports - Myrtle Beach Scuba - 843-357-7777 - Myrtle Beach Scuba Dive The water will be really warm, the viz can be hit or miss. One trip you could see the wreck we were diving 80' below from the boat, 2 days later you couldn't see the boat from 40'. Wear a skin. (jellyfish) We were there in mid-July but it probably won't change much.

I am currently in Virginia beach and Virginia Beach is a bust unless you want to dive Lake Rawlings. There are currently no boats running according to my old dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom