Honeymoon Destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victorzamora

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm cross-posting this a little bit....but here's my dilemma. I'm looking for a honeymoon spot with diving. I'm looking for some possible cave diving. My current plan is Dreams Tulum, staying in an AI resort, and calling it a day. Wedding date is 9/21/2013....my plan is to leave 9/28 and return 10/5, but those aren't set in stone. I'm hoping to keep the trip under $3k. My plan is two days of cave diving, one day of OW diving, and then enjoying the laziness with the wife other than that. Shore dives at the resort would be a huge plus. We own all of our own gear, and I'm fluent in Spanish and French. Thoughts?

---------- Post added August 7th, 2013 at 11:41 AM ----------

Also, cave diving isn't a requirement.....but scuba is. Cave diving is just a BIG perk!

Last edited:
If you wanted to do the cavern diving, it might be more convenient to stay somewhere around Playa Del Carmen. Or, stay in Cozumel where the "non-cave diving" is a lot more exciting than over in the Mayan Riviera (you could take a ferry over to the mainland for a day of cavern diving quite easily..or vice versa).

Typically Dreams resorts are family oriented. It wouldn't be my first choice for a honeymoon. I would go with an adults only property in this case.

Without knowing where you are travelling from, it is hard to give advice as to where to go with your budget as airfare can vary quite a bit!

Hi Victor!
I hope this is not too late.
We own a very small dive operator in Playa del Carmen and Tulum that specializes in cavern diving in the cenotes. We have a strong focus on small groups and personalized service. For the cenote dives you will dive with an instructor that is also a full cave diver, the group size will be no more than 4 (chances are it will just be you and your wife), and you will always stay within the natural light zone of the cavern. Our main focus is safety and awareness Check out what divers that have experienced us say on Tripadvisor http://goo.gl/BQoEsQ and you will get an idea of what we are all about.

Please let me know if we can help you plan your diving in this little corner of paradise.

Congratulations on the wedding!!!! Best wishes!!!

Sorry, it's definitely too late as I'm already in Mexico and paid for the trip over a month ago. Also, the main purpose of this trip isn't diving.

However, I'm planning a trip down here with cave divers where that WOULD be the main purpose. When that time gets closer, I'll look you up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom