Where to go on our Honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

9supratt4

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Both my fiancee and I are divers and we are getting married October 2014. We have started to look into honeymoon destinations. We are looking for something where we can dive for a few days and then also be able to do nothing except have drinks on the beach on other days.

I looked into Tahiti, Bora Bora and some other South Pacific islands, but they are not easy to get to and airfare is extremely expensive.

A friend mentioned Koh Samui, Thailand and that may be an option.

Are there any other places anyone would recommend for our honeymoon?

Thanks!

Belize. Great diving and lots off land based excursions. We split our time between a lob and land based excursions. You could check out Placencia which could provide both in one location.

May I recommend Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. Look into the Sibonné Hotel. I dove with Dive Provo. We spent our honeymoon there and would return for a stay any time. If you go please share your stories.

May I recommend Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. Look into the Sibonné Hotel. I dove with Dive Provo. We spent our honeymoon there and would return for a stay any time. If you go please share your stories.

Provo was great and had beautiful beaches, but not a lot to do besides dive and sit on the beach. But if that's what you're looking for then provo is a great choice.

What kind of diving do you want? Where have you been diving? My husband and I went to Galepegos on a Livaboard for our honeymoon but that sounds like it would be too hardcore for you.
Fiji had a lot of great diving and might be nice for a relaxing honeymoon. Bonaire or Curaçao. Roatan.
Or,closer and with lots of other stuff to do would be Cancun/Playa del Carmen.

I did my honeymoon on Koh Samui and stayed with Zazen boutique... They are pretty secluded with almost a private beach. Staff is super friendly and their beach bungalows are very cozy and next to the beach. Look at some photos online. I can't recommend any place more then this one!
There are several dive shops on bophut beach and they provide pickup from the hotels. Most dives will be in Koh Tao! I did my OW there.

From where you are, the cost to get anywhere near Asia and stay in a middle of the road resort - for the same money, you can go first class in the Caribbean and in a lot less time. The Cayman Islands would probably be the most expensive. The only time I would go that far, at that expense is for a DIVE,DIVE,DIVE vacation!.

Budget and time are big factors. For a honeymoon, I would skip the Caribbean if you had the time and $$. Fiji, Indonesia, Tahiti.

Fiji is not hard to get too. 8 hour non stop out of LA. From there I would be boarding the Nai'a. A trip to remember.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom