Diving in Goa, India

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pelonofear

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,
as I am getting married in Goa in a few months, I am looking at diving operations in the area. Browsing SB, I couldn't find much about Goa, with the exception of Venkat @ Barracuda. Any advice? Anyone who has actually dove in Goa? What kind of diving can you do? Any info/suggestions would be very appreciated (FYI I have never been to India before).

Thanks!

P.S. I understand that probably there are better places in India for scuba diving (such as Maldives, Andaman etc..), but that would not be practical for me as my schedule will be pretty busy.

I don't know what your level of experience or desires to see what underwater. If Goa is all you're gonna get to, well then, Goa is where you're gonna dive. Someone there will take your hopefully happily married carcass offshore and find a spot for you to dive. It will probably be better than diving in Baltimore Inner Harbor.
Maybe I'll get to Goa one of these days, but I'll pass on the diving.
Why don't you go tiger wrasslin' in Netravali? People over there are getting real tired of getting eaten by tigers and the occasional leopard. You'd really be doing something good over there.
Now, don't take this the wrong way, but why are you going to Goa anyway, just to get married? In-laws there or something? If so, I hope you have lots of room back there in Ballimore.
Best of luck with all of this.

Hey Tom!
Well let's say that you don't seem so enthusiastic about Goa, have you been there already or you just heard about it? You got it right: in-laws are there so there we go. And my thinking was: while we're there, why not go scuba?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom