Long flight after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ling1974

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello fellow divers!

I am a new diver and completing my open water dive this weekend!

We are taking 2 dives over 2 days for a total of 4. Each day should end around 12 noon or at the latest 1pm. I am also taking an int'l flight the following day after the dives at 12:45pm which will be about 10-11 hours. Each dive will take us to perhaps 30-40 ft at most. According to the tables, this is well within the 12-18 hour wait time however I am still very anxious about DCS...

Should I reschedule the dive prior to the flight day? My instructor insists I should be fine however I am still a bit nervous about it as it is such a long flight.

Thank you

It's not the length of the flight that matters, it's the altitude of the cabin.

I read your post as saying that your flight out is at 12:45, and if that's true, it's amost 24 hours after your diving, You should be fine.

It's more than 18hrs and very shallow profiles... no worries.

you should be fine.....however if your really nervous you should take the 24 hours surface interval.

I'm not sure if we're misreading, or what, but you say you'll be done by noon or 1pm at the latest, but your flight isn't til 12:45pm.

However, you say this is within the 12-18 hours, which makes you nervous.

Is your flight at 12:45am, 11:15 hours after your dive? Or 12:45pm, 23:15 after your dive?

If it's a 12:45am flight; I'd be rescheduling now. If your flight is really 23 hours after, I'd be relaxing :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom