Thailand Diving Close to Bangkok - Pattaya - Mermaids? Real Divers? Please recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drdaddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am from the USA/Oregon (cold murky Pacific NW waters). We have been planning some medical work in Thailand for some time. Our M.D. daughter's family is in Bangkok for one year and her husband is doing academic research through Thammasat University. We are going over for a couple of weeks in April. Our time over there is not about diving or we would go to Phuket (SB's loss of Marcia, RIP, is still hurting). I am looking for a day trip from Bangkok to (probably) Pattaya.

I'm an advanced diver - year around cold-water w/7mm wetsuit, with also warm water dives in Red Sea Israel & Southern Japan. My son-in-law is a very inexperienced diver who got his Padi open water certification 7 years ago in the Red Sea Israel and has not dived since. I really want to get my son-in-law back in the water with some professional supervision. I am considering paying extra for an instructor to go along for some refreshing for my son-in-law. I do not want him just jumping off a boat with a group of people (I'd love this, but not this trip). He needs some real refreshing. I am willing to dive at any level. I've seen plenty of stuff over the years and I just want to get wet, wherever I go. And my 33 year old son-in-law wants to come along and I want him safe - and prepared for future dives. He's not ready for Advanced Open Water and he does not have the time now, but that could come later depending on the experience we give him.

Because of the nature of our trip is not tourism (at this time), all we really have time for is a couple of day dives. We would need to be picked up (probably around Thammasat University). We need:

1. Transportation from Bangkok and back
2. Good equipment (though I may bring my own Reg, Computers, Mask, Fins, and BCD)
3. Dive Instructor
(not a divemaster/instructor in training) for personal refresher lessons and guide
4. And a couple of dives

I have received some information about Mermaids and Real Divers. Do you have any recommendation about these shops or any others?

Thank you for any help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom