Free Advice - Gold Coast Seaway, The Spit, Queensland, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverSi

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Buddy,

I recently went diving on the Gold Coast, Australia. It's not the best diving, I'd recommend going an hour south to Byron Bay, heading north up to the Sunshine Coast or even further up to the Great Barrier Reef. But as a fanatic I had to dive there just because I had the time and couldn't be bothered to go anywhere else

For safety, I contacted and dove with good local dive shop - Devocean Dive in Southport, They were friendly, knowledgable and gave me a good dive master buddy.
www.devoceandive.com
I thoroughly recommend them

Everyone in the area seems to dive on the Spit in Southport called the Gold Coast Seaway.

Here are my recommendations for diving there:
1. GO WITH AN EXPERIENCED DIVE MASTER WHO KNOWS THE DIVE SITE - the tide is real issue and so is boat traffic. You have to dive close or on slack tide
2. WEAR CLOVES. The rocks ripped my hands to shreds, as I needed to pull myself along the bottom because the tide was so strong... actually it was the strongest I've ever known.
3. Make sure you have plenty of weight... you don't want to become positively buoyant ever! It's a very busy boating area.
3. 5mm Wetsuit with no hood

I wish you safe diving!

Back
Top Bottom