Diving Vacation in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiaochiang

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am planning on getting married in July and looking for a place to have a honeymoon. My Fiance and I are both dive certified and we have been diving through the Carribean (US V.I, Bonarie, Mexico, etc...). We are looking for going some where further away (we both have passports). We were thinking Thailand (except it would be the rainy season), and also looking at the Red Sea. I have alot of questions about how a vacation to that area would be. We defiently want to go diving (we would love to do a liveaboard), but are there nice romantic places to stay and where would you reccomend. Any help with this would be great. Thank you

Ni Hao.

Is "her daddy rich"?

Singing....

You pose a very open-ended question.
Really, really open-ended.

Renting a private Red Sea liveaboard just for yourself might me nice.

Other than you don't like rain,
give some real requirements.

Last edited:
Hi there,

July is not monsoon season across all of Thialand, only the West Coast - this rules out Phuket, Phi Phi, Koh Lanta etc. The East coast islands do not get their monsoon until November however, so Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao should still be fine. Koh Tao is the best diving island out of these 3 options - if you dive from the others they'l just charge you more and speed boat you to Koh Tao dive sites anyway!

Obviously this is not a guarantee of great weather - its always variable in the tropics. But on the up side always warm :)

Happy researching and enjoy your trip :)

Hello, I am planning on getting married in July and looking for a place to have a honeymoon. My Fiance and I are both dive certified and we have been diving through the Carribean (US V.I, Bonarie, Mexico, etc...). We are looking for going some where further away (we both have passports). We were thinking Thailand (except it would be the rainy season), and also looking at the Red Sea. I have alot of questions about how a vacation to that area would be. We defiently want to go diving (we would love to do a liveaboard), but are there nice romantic places to stay and where would you reccomend. Any help with this would be great. Thank you

I am confused.

Title: Diving Vacation in May
Question: Where to honeymoon for a July wedding

:confused:

I have dove both Koh Tao and also the Similans on the other side (via Liveaboard), the Similans (Andaman Sea) is way way way better than Koh Tao, any day, it's not even a contest!!!

I have dived all over the Red Sea as well, I would suggest Dahab, it's a quiet nice romantic sort of place as well and you get to dive the amazing Blue Hole :) Then you could make your way down to Sharm and dive the Thislegorm (although I did not get to dive it as I fell sick :(

---------- Post added February 24th, 2014 at 10:22 PM ----------

LOL! Did not notice that...perhaps he wants to honeymoon first :D

I am confused.

Title: Diving Vacation in May
Question: Where to honeymoon for a July wedding

:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom