If you have 2000 USD to spend, where would you go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Assuming that your plane ticket was all paid up for any place you wanted to go. Once landed, your budget had to be under 2000 USD. Where would you go and why?

Liveaboards included.

Dominica..........world class diving---IMO, beats anything in the Caribbean.....Further traveling for us is the Philippians, but well worth it.....

I don't pay airfare and 2K gets me 3 weeks of diving Cozumel(diving @ 45+ dives, food, lodging and booze). Unfortunately the limiting factor is time off.

I would just go to my fav: Bonaire.

If I had too much extra cash left over, I would spend it eating at "At Sea".

---------- Post added May 14th, 2014 at 11:32 PM ----------

Because I love the easy diving and I really love great food.

My dive vacation cycle is essentially:

Bonaire
CoCo View (on Roatan)
Bonaire
Cozumel
Bonaire
Coco View
Bonaire
Cozumel

with the occasional liveaboard thrown in (when I have a good economic year)

I would contact these guys,
Scuba diving in Bunaken, Lembeh, and Nusa Lembongan, Bali | Two Fish Divers
and have them plan me a trip to Lembeh and Bunaken.
or
Go to Pueto Galera, Philippines
or
Another last-minute liveaboard deal. 10 nights on the Komodo dancer last year was $1500!

I do enjoy the Caribe, but the awesome diving and adventure of SE Asia really leaves me wanting more.

I'll be spending a week aboard the Nautilus Swell in September. We'll be hitting several sites around Vancouver Island. I can't wait.

Awesome recommendation. Also suggest MV Spree out of Key West... many trip options.

Nautilus Swell is on my bucket lists already so I would be interested to read a review. I am more interested in Alaska than BC on it though. Either way it should be awesome!

I'd probably hit up Playa Del Carmen area. Not quite the OW diving of Coz, but I'd have CAVES!!! DR is another stop for me for caves. If it's just OW diving, though, Roatan gets my bid every time. I'm not really sure why, though.....I just love that place dearly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom